GTP 1079 "to whom it may concern"

Tour Auto 2011:
After having problems in the first stage at monthlery (the belt of the waterpump jumped off), melted throttle cable, .... we alived 2 horrible days following the crowd of the other competitors. Night desaster at the motorway, the second throttle cable melted, we arrived the Tour again at the third day.
Good Performance on the rallye stages and a famous hunt in nogaro from the last place (30 cars) to a famous 3.rd place with the fastest round. This was the pole for the nest day in Pau. Leading and winning was the 5th day!!!!. A perfect rallye stage and the winner of the day: GTP 1079!!!! Pictures will follows. We have shown that a GT40 is a famous rallye car in the wineyards of St. Emilion and Pomerol. Don`t hope that the wine will be sour.:thumbsup:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Chris, Spa footage is marvelous; had me on the edge of my seat. Will you post some photos from the Tour Auto, please? and if you need pit crew for next year will you let me know? :)

very nice car Chris, sad to read that your brake's and tires were not up for the job after 13? laps, I guess those are the rules you can't change them for more "modern" big brakes and low tires?
Not bin there before on Spa, although our car forum/club bin there a few times but I could not be there those days, I believe the day before Spa classic they were there too with sky-limit/driving-fun, anyway 19-06 they are there too, maybe I try that day if all goes well.
The good thing about Spa is that you are aloud with 103db sound instead of 95 or lower at most circuits in NL or Belgium.

Hi Chris,
Saw part of your spirited drive (last on the grid to 2nd?) at Nogaro during the Tour de France. Saw that you agreed for a film crew to strap a camara to your roof. If you recovered a copy any chance of sharing?

1079 will be start at
Silvretta July
Spa July
Oldtimer GP August
Goodwood Revival September
Spa 6 H September
Winter Storage Spa Franchorchamps Musee Stavelot

best regards
Chris:thumbsup:

Hi we bought new weber carburettors, but the new ones are made in spain and have an horrible quality. Some splinters of the CNC work had blocked the vaves and the fuel was pumping out like at the silvretta classic. The danger that the car becomes burning was to high. The car is running at goodwood in 2 weeks. Hope we will have more fun ;)

Chris,
Great photos and thanks for posting. I'm a huge fan of your car and what you're doing with 1079. Continued good luck.

Do you have any details of the silver GT40 shown in the Nurburgring collection of photos? The car has very odd mirrors and if this is an original I can't say I've ever seen one in this colour. Thanks.

Goodwood 2011 done. More pictures coming soon.

Attachments

• Spitfire.jpg
    Spitfire.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 298
Chris,
Great photos and thanks for posting. I'm a huge fan of your car and what you're doing with 1079. Continued good luck.

Do you have any details of the silver GT40 shown in the Nurburgring collection of photos? The car has very odd mirrors and if this is an original I can't say I've ever seen one in this colour. Thanks.

Hi Jimmy superperformance

Goodwood 2011

Attachments

• Foto.JPG
    Foto.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Foto2.jpg
    Foto2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Foto4.JPG
    Foto4.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 346