I never cease to be amazed!

She is right. No one is hiring now. My experience and a headhunter friend, very well respected, and they are placing almost no one. I think hiring will start shortly as the new government clarifies it's position. Radio 4 said the government expects the private sector to pull the economy out of the slump. The US is dead until a change of governments takes place.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I take my position because the country, your and my future is at stake. If the redistribution of wealth goes as Glenn Beck says, you can forget your P2264 as you probably won't be able to make enough money to support it or your desire for toys because you have surplus income.
posted by Domtoni

You get your info from Glenn Beck? A one sided former alchoholic drug using DJ who never went to college and admits he is only an entertainer???? You must be crazy. You quote this person with a straight face, no wonder you people can never get anything right.

I have refrained from this type of comment as I know most of the country is suffering. But since you continue to bring it up, most folks here in the center of liberal blue State California, Silicon Valley, have been doing fairly well, real estate values are up and quite frankly I have never done better. You do not need to worry about me, my kids or my toys.

Wealth redistribution? Yes we pay a lot in taxes, if you call that redisribution of wealth, I'm OK with that, that's how society works.

Last edited:
There are no jobs due to a variety of reasons. Some of it is due to the corporate greed and off-shoring of labor to make things more affordable. However,the responsibility of corporate governance is to make a profit. That means that you and me and the rest of the world put our money in these corporations' stocks and bonds with the rightful expectation of getting our money back and with a little profit. Nes Pas? So what to do? Do we tax these corporations some more with the expectation of getting the money and redistrbuting it to the needy or do we lower the taxes and create incentives (and penalties if necessary) to hire locally? Which model do you think works the best?
What would you rather have, a fully employed populace or a partially employed populace with the unemployed being supported by the employed? That is the great question for some but not for me. If, with RULES of Course, we could drop the tax rate on individuals and corporations to about 12%, eliminate all deductions except for the hiring of employees and training, R&D, and if necessary, have the government guarantee interest on capital loans and infrastructure development, you would see more jobs being created in the private sector. The current system of taxation, deductions (keeps the lobbyist/lawyers employed) and redistribution in an attempt to reach full employment is not working. There have been some very creative minds working on these problems but so far they are not being heard. Much of the resistance to change the status quo is because the people who are in power in both of the government and business woud rather dance with the devil they know than with the devil they don't know. If I recall there was a time in Western Europe when Kings and Princes had similar opportunties to change and it took a revolt of the "subjects" to correct that system. I predict another revolution is on the way unless our leaders get real.
After all, the definition of "Insanity" is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Garry

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Wealth redistribution? Yes we pay a lot in taxes, if you call that redisribution of wealth, I'm OK with that, that's how society works.

Well, Jim, I agree, but with the caveat that "...that's how society SHOULD work". Our democratic society is governed by an agency "...of the people, for the people, by the people" (might have gotten that out of order somewhat).....and IMHO the "for the people" part would seem to indicate that some redistribution of wealth should occur. If the radical conservative contingent has its way, those who have a real need for some of that redistributed wealth (and, not all of whom are making bad choices that have landed them there, some people just don't have skills or education to land them good paying jobs) will be sadly ignored.

I've said this before, will say it again....a bit of compassion for those less fortunate than you (not referring to you, specifically, Jim) is not a character flaw, nor is a bit of generosity.

I, for one, rejoice when I hear that one of my friends has gotten a large tax return b/c of the "...Earned Income Credit". I watch those friends struggle on a daily basis to put food on the table, despite working a full time job and most have extra part-time jobs, too. Myself, I've pretty much given up on the hope of ever owning a GT40 on my paltry teacher's retirement, but I do have a Cobra replica (which is sitting in the garage right now, waiting until I can afford to replace the bushings in the parallel 4-bar rear suspension) and I do manage to provide for myself and still practice random acts of kindness. I'd have had the $$ to repair the Cobra LONG ago had I not practiced my own form of "wealth redistribution", (paid for a friend's VW front end to be rebuilt so that she would not kill herself when the ball joints failed and gave away 4 of my guitars to promising musicians who could not afford to buy themselves a decent instrument). The $$ I paid for the VW work saved someone's life, I'm convinced...and the guitars may make a decent living for some of those who were the recipients, keeping them from possibly becoming a burden on our government's resources (which, agreeing with Jeff Y., I feel MUST be trimmed if we are going to be able to recover from this massive debt in which we have buried ourselves and our children).

As I said, a bit of generosity and compassion for those less fortunate is not a character flaw :thumbsup: . I see little of that from the radical conservative contingent, though :thumbsdown: , only anger that they can't keep everything they have earned. Sure, there's no REQUIREMENT that they do so, other than what they consider excessively high taxes, but then they obviously are not interested in "...for the people", only themselves.

OK, guys, firesuit donned and ready for the flamethrowers.....

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
You know Doug, I like you more each day, I wish you all the best in you retirement, I hope to join you under that tree soon and please bring your guitar!

We'll wear nomex!

I have a sister-in-law that works at a placement agency and they are real real busy. Office and light industrial work in So Cal. My point in bringing this up is that a small sample is not a good indicator of the overall condition.

Last edited:
Just figured out Stanley McChrystal's four-star retired pay. The SECDEF will allow him to retire at that rank. Yearly retired benefit is $149,700.00 before taxes..

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So as of now I will limit my interaction here to my other passion GT40's, and if I ever chose to enter into other types of conversation I will try very hard to make my comments civil!

Pat,

The above quote is what I said, something less than a "vow"

I tried very hard, but once again, Al continually starts this type of thread and the site becomes filled with hate for liberals, Democrats, our President, the poor huddled masses and anyone with compassion. This is often done with dubious claims, miss information, partial information and and slander. Finally, the "differance between liberals and concervaitives" got to me, I just cant take it anymore.

What a crock. Anyone can take one sides most radical view and compare it to the other sides moderate view and make them look absurd.

No one here quotes from Jane Fonda, but you do quote from Glenn Beck!

Anyway, I have tried to be civil, but it can be hard.

Last edited:
Pat,

The above quote is what I said, something less than a "vow"

I tried very hard, but once again, Al continually starts this type of thread and the site becomes filled with hate for liberals, Democrats, our President and the poor huddled masses. This is often done with dubious claims, miss information, partial information and and slander. Finally, the "differance between liberals and concervaitives" got to me, I just cant take it anymore.

What a crock. Anyone can take one sides most radical view and compare it to the other sides moderate view and make them look absurd.

No one here quotes from Jane Fonda, but you do quote from Glenn Beck!

Anyway, I have tried to be civil, but it can be hard.

I have never mentioned the word hate in any of my threads in reference to liberals or anything else. You on the other hand are quite vocal about your dislike of conservatives and anything related. The name of the thread is "I want a divorce", the piece was called "Divorce agreement" it wasn't "differance between liberals and concervaitives". I think it was quite funny and was posted with that in mind. Most that read it found it funny. You on the other hand maybe found some truth that bothered you. Its weird, but conservative don't go around boo hooing that everyone is mean and hateful towards them. I will openly admit that I don't respect President Obama, I was always taught that respect was earned, not given, and that's why I don't respect him. As far as quotes go, I've never mentioned or quoted Glenn Beck, but it is clear that you are threatened by him. I never knew that Jane Fonda ever said anything worth quoting. And now I am going to "try" to limit my input to cars as this is like shoveling sand against the tide. Adifuckingous!

I have never mentioned the word hate in any of my threads in reference to liberals or anything else. Its weird, but conservative don't go around boo hooing that everyone is mean and hateful towards them. Adifuckingous!

Al,

Surely you must concede your initial post was not particularly made with kindness, benevolence or tenderness. Perhaps us liberals are prone to "boo hooing" due to us being on the whole compassionate / softhearted. From an online thesaurous the antonyms may interest you:-

Main Entry: compassion
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: tender feeling
Synonyms: benevolence, charity, clemency, commiseration, compunction, condolence, consideration, empathy, fellow feeling, grace, heart, humaneness, humanity, kindness, lenity, mercy, softheartedness, softness, sorrow, sympathy, tenderheartedness, tenderness, yearning
Antonyms: cruelty, harshness, hatred, indifference, meanness, mercilessness, tyranny

posted by Domtoni

You get your info from Glenn Beck? A one sided former alchoholic drug using DJ who never went to college and admits he is only an entertainer???? You must be crazy. You quote this person with a straight face, no wonder you people can never get anything right.

I have refrained from this type of comment as I know most of the country is suffering. But since you continue to bring it up, most folks here in the center of liberal blue State California, Silicon Valley, have been doing fairly well, real estate values are up and quite frankly I have never done better. You do not need to worry about me, my kids or my toys.

Jim, you again missed the point.
Beck may have been the kind of person you describe. In fact, he does. That means those things have no power to control him. You have continued to criticize the man not what he says. Counter his arguments, that's all you have to do.

One of my friends lives not so far from Silicon Valley, and works in Real Estate. I have asked for him to confirm what you say about the Valley, and its various real estate values. If you want to look at the bulk of the country, take a look at Detroit, Chicago, Saginaw Mi, Cleveland Ohio etc.

Again you missed the point, my point is job creation, people actually working and paying taxes, not taking money from the state. What has BHO done to create more jobs?

Here is Al's first post:

April of this year, our Governor Jan Brewer in Arizona signed a bill into law that would give our state government the tools to stem the flow of illegal aliens that cross our southern border. After the fact maybe, but effective I think. The bill very closely mirrors the federal bill with more language on profiling and human rights. Very simply put, if a person breaks the law, a police officer can ask for ID papers. If the person has a valid AZ drivers license, this will do. No one will be singled out walking down the street and asked for papers. This whole thing about being asked for papers is BS. Everytime a person is stopped in the US for a traffic violation, they are asked for drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance, or "papers". Here in Tucson the city council is filing suit against the state for this bill. They are using our tax dollars to file suit for a bill that 70% of the voters are in favor of. They are using tax dollars when our city deficit is at a record high, largely due to extravagant social programs and illegals in our school system at $10k each per year. California is boycotting Az. They have a deficit of $640 billion, yes billion, that is largely due to medical, social programs, and school cost for illegal aliens. Can't see the forest for the trees! We ought to rename the state Greece! Talk about an upcoming bailout! Most of the suits and marches are by people looking for notoriety and face time on local and national TV. We have bozos like Al Sharpton leading marches. We have politicians from our state on national TV asking people to boycott Arizonza and Arizona products. That would be cotton, pecans, and copper I guess.
Government and local politicians, including the president, (he stopped the building of the fence, great move) aren't wanting to make the illegals citizens for humanitarian reasons or some warm fuzzy feeling, it's for one reason and one reason only, the vote. They want to stay in office till the cows come home. If the federal government ever got it's head out of it's ass and enforced the existing federal law, I would not be pecking this out with one finger, not the one I use for the government.

Nick, its the goal of all politicians to stay in power forever. That's why they gerry mander. Here is the Wikipedia definition.
Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Jim, I hope you go out of your way to help those people who can't afford to buy homes to get into them !!! I trust you give them reduced prices, and you also forgive their debt when they can't pay.

Jim, here is something from CBS !!

Everyone should get a shot at this. Takes all of fifteen seconds and
That is if you take a look at his current stats. Great!

Wow!!

First, I can't believe CBS is actually doing this.

Second, that they're brave and honest enough to actually show the
Ongoing polling results.

Take the poll yourself and when you submit your grading of how he is
Handling the top issues, a second page will come up showing you the
Current results of how America is voting. Remember, this isn't Fox
Doing this. This is mostly people who watch CBS. That's telling.

DO THIS !!! And pass it on.

This is a CBS poll on Obama's first year performance....

I checked, it is really CBS webpage, I could not believe it either.

Here's your chance to grade the President!

Please forward this to your Friends !!!!

Grade Obama's First Year in Office - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Jim, if we talk about helping the poor, and I do believe in that, I think it can be done by paying less tax, and contributing more money directly to the organization. I really like what Allen Hunt is proposing here:

Good Friend,

In addition to freedom, compassion and generosity define America. We are the most generous people on earth.

Today I ask for your help in the life of a boy named Tony. Tony (I have changed his name) lives at the Murphy Harpst home in Georgia where he arrived carrying only a paper sack of clothes. All his possessions in a single grocery sack. Tony has been sexually abused by a number of men in his life; he has been beaten, burned, and forced to live in a box. As a result, Tony is withdrawn and angry. He has failed in 12 foster placement homes, and Murphy Harpst is his last hope. Like most of the kids who live at Murphy Harpst, Tony has tried to end his life. Death seems more hopeful to him than what he has experienced from life so far.

The therapists, counselors, and teachers at Murphy Harpst will love Tony abundantly. They will do the hard work of trying to bring healing and repair to his broken soul. For the first time, Tony will have a chance at understanding the word "home." He will attend a special school designed for kids who have been as badly abused as he has. Because of their work and the faith they share, Tony has an 82% chance of functioning and interacting normally in society, a remarkable rate of recovery.

No one else does the work Murphy Harpst does. And they need help. Given the economy and cuts in government funding, Murphy Harpst is presently unable to fund $500,000 in therapy for abused children. If you and I do not help make up that difference, many children like Tony will not receive help.

Please help. Anita and I give generously to help Murphy Harpst, and I invite you to make a gift also in this crucial time. To help, email my friend, Emily Saltino, who leads their funding efforts. You can reach her at [email protected].

Happy 4th of July! You and I are blessed in ways we do not even know.

Grace and Peace,
Allen

You have been sent this e-mail as a courtesy from the Allen Hunt Show.
If you would like to be removed from receiving any e-mail, please click here.
Or you can mail any unsubscribe notices to Webmaster - The Allen Hunt Show • 3000 Old Alabama Road • Suite 119-256 • Alpharetta, GA 30022 • Suite B210 • Alpharetta, GA 30022

If you are getting the same email twice. We are very sorry and are working to figure out the source of the problem.

Back