I never cease to be amazed!

[QUOTEAgain you missed the point, my point is job creation, people actually working and paying taxes, not taking money from the state. What has BHO done to create more jobs?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> ][/QUOTE]

+1 Domtoni!
.."give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime."
Garry

Garry, I watch an Italian religious channel here, and they broadcast basically PR films from the mission group of St. John Bosco. St. John worked with the young in Turin and taught them skills which would improve their lives.

The stories of the missionaries is that they go into places where we would not go, have no idea what they are going to do, and how they are going to spread the gospel.

What they do is befriend the people, work to improve the plight of the poor, and teach them agriculture, how to build housing, etc.

Finally they teach them about who motivates them.

I heard the pope say a few years back that everyone is entitled to:
- food
- housing
- education
- health care
and
- a job

Without a job, you can't pay for these life necessities.

The only way we are going to get ourselves out of the mess is to create more jobs. We need to help the Mexicans and other Latinos coming into the country to stay home, and work to better themselves there.

But our businesses, who had moved jobs from the States to Mexico, had to pay people in Mexico a better wage. Its just that China and India offer cheaper labour at this point in time.

Dom,
I agree. I also have seen evidence that social programs funded by charity and yes, with a little of the good old religion mixed in, have done wonders in helping people get on their feet. Is it perfect? No way, but that may be due to the lack of qualified volunteers to participate.
What I would tell everyone calling for more Government help is for them to volunteer first! Give generously if you can to any group that supports your belief system and does the work that you want to see done. The fall-back position that the Government should take on these burdens springs from either laziness or an attitude of "lets pay someone else to do the dirty work". Here is an idea...if you want to help the poor, adopt a poor family yourself and work with them everyday to help them overcome their problems. Put some sweat equity toward your belief system and some of your hard earned cash as well. If every American who was doing pretty well for themselves would adopt this attitude, there would be less and less need to have the Government take these problems on. However, getting personally involved is messy. (Ask me how I know)It is often frustrating and heartbreaking to watch people that you are trying to help keep making the same mistakes over and over again that led them to where they are. But if you really care, then you must continue to try to help regardless of the setbacks.
How can some impersonal Government Bureaucrat be as effective as a person who is involved with a family on a personal level? Find a family with a single mother living in section 8 housing with babies from three fathers and a crack addiction and spend everyday volunteering to help the kids with their education, clean the house, babysit the kids while she is job hunting, help with the food preparation, etc. If we as Americans are serious about helping the poor, downtrodden, the incarcerated, the homeless, and all of the other needy unfortunates, let's really do something about it. Throwing more money after bad has not solved the problems and it never will. It takes people to make a difference.
But everyone knows that already. The bleeding hearts that want to bleed my money away really just can't be bothered. They expect someone else to do the dirty work while they spend my money.
Garry

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I have never mentioned the word hate in any of my threads in reference to liberals or anything else. You on the other hand are quite vocal about your dislike of conservatives and anything related. The name of the thread is "I want a divorce", the piece was called "Divorce agreement" it wasn't "differance between liberals and concervaitives
Posted by Al,

Al, actually this thread you started is called "I NEVER CEASE TO BE AMAZED". I know it must be hard to keep track, as there all pritty much the same.

Additionally, if you re-read my post you will see that I said you start these threads and the sight becomes filled with hate.... (my word)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Here's your chance to grade the President!

Well, the results certainly didn't agree with my grading of Bee-OH!

Just for information, though....in case some of us might miss this, here's what CBS has to say about this poll:

"NOTE: This is not a scientific poll. The results above are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls conducted by CBS News."

Once again, the target group is those who are dissatisfied with Bee-OH, not a balanced group of respondees (CBS probably didn't design the study that way, but it must be aware that those who are dissatisfied will be more voical than those who are content). If I learned one thing in my college years, it is that with a research study that is structured right, you can "prove" anything. Valid "research" is very different from "information"....cheers to CBS for recognizing that and putting up their caution "Note"!!

I suspect the proof will come in 2012, when a more accurate "poll" will be taken at the "polls"!

Doug

Doug,
Fair is fair. The polls against BushII were just as suspect. I wonder if this means that CBS and the other networks (besides FOX) are going to take the gloves off and get after this administration? Nahhh, probably not.
Garry

Garry, I fully understand your take. Back in the early 1980s, when things were not good in Chicago, I lived close to a pretty rough area that had a lot of Section 8 housing, and a lady friend, worked as a community organizer. She was in with sweat and blood, so I can understand your comments. At least she was seen as a friend or she would have been in danger.

At the same time, I did some volunteer work in a soup kitchen in Uptown Chicago. These poor people came to the kitchen and many I guess were Viet Nam Vets thrown out of the closed military hospitals (can't be sure on that, and I can't understand why Regan closed these VA hospitals on the people that needed them most). Once they got on the bottle or drugs, they were not coming back. i can't see how governments can help these folks.

Governments have a vested interest in keeping the poor poor because it gives the beaurcrats increased job security.

I found this video today and listened to it twice. The Wells economist basically said that corporations are working their people harder than normal, and I can understand that. What Olbermann didn't understand is given the healthcare bill, cap and trade, the expiring tax cuts from Bush, no one who is a job creator is going to create any new jobs (where is the employee letter when I need it !!!).

I'll bet if McCain was elected, the Dow would be 10% higher, unemployment would have never gone above 8% (as Biden forecast).

RealClearPolitics - Video - Olbermann: GOP Introduces "Screw You" Economics

In all of the posts I have put up from various sources, this is the most spiteful of them all. Its name says it all.

Posted by Al,

Al, actually this thread you started is called "I NEVER CEASE TO BE AMAZED". I know it must be hard to keep track, as there all pritty much the same.

Additionally, if you re-read my post you will see that I said you start these threads and the sight becomes filled with hate.... (my word)

The thread you were refering to (you called it difference between conservatives and liberals) was the "I want a divorce" thread. I have no trouble keeping track, it's your problem.

This clip from Automotive News talks about the increased Pickup truck sales in June. Note that continued sales of these vehicles won't happen until housing picks up.

Automotive News Video

We know from other sources that housing isn't picking up until jobs increase.

Lastly we know from business sources that to replace the 8 million lost jobs, it will take years. Just catch the video here (forget Jeff Imelt's comments):
FT.com / US & Canada - Immelt hits out at China and Obama

And we know that to create jobs, we need entrepreneurs to take risk and hire, but these people want to make money. To do that, spending has to be cut, and taxes lowered.

Have we seen that happen? No

Not to sound too bizarre, but that gun fight sounds like it would have been a lot of fun.

Yes, a lot of automatic weapons, fun if you don't get shot and the federales don't get you. And I thought I was the only loco hombre. The federales made a huge weapons confiscation near the US border a few weeks ago. The cartels have the money and ex military men to cause a lot of trouble. I don't think the US knows what kind of men they are up against. Very ruthless. They like to take heads. The money is a lot, mucho dinero.

Saw a news clip about that gunfight tonight, the rise in pickup truck sales might be mainly due to these fights, the pickups were riddled with bullet holes!!

It is hard to believe that getting into the US is so easy. I know of friends that go into the US and come back a lot of times. The drug cartels are making it very dangerous now.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
And the USA is doing nothing.

Oh, yes, we are!

.......:shocked: we're SAYING we are going to do something.

Lip service is the only action we in the border states are seeing, though :thumbsdown: .

Doug

Back