Just wondering

And you think Aliminium doesn't rust (corrode)?

[/ QUOTE ]

And not to mention that these cars hardly see rain. Maybe Arnie can shed some light on the reason Al was chosen. I expect it costs a tad more that a steel spaceframe. We can already see in another section where Fran introduces the CNC'ed components, he mentions that they are more expensive than tubular arms, but is happy to put quality before profit. Also probably a lot nicer to design on a 3D package like ProE or Solidworks.

Also Jack, I understood your meaning but I think there would not be such good saving there. CNC is not a labour intensive job, the machine does most of the work. Sure you would saving on material costs but you need to add shipping costs on top of that. The best savings are one jobs that require high manual labour, body shells, chassis, assembly etc. This is where I think the savings are. Yes we have shipping costs again on top of that, but anyway these cars are quite often shipped from country of origin to the client, esp true with the RF product. And hey, Hong Kong and Japan is where a lot of the world's money is and they are both car mad nations!

I will stop editing my post for spelling mistakes, so if there are any.... oh well.

Cheers Neil

Neil,
I have a bumper sticker on my car "Nothing but the finest British Auto Parts falling off this car"
I thought Ford parts were expensive compared to Chevy, but Lucas gets the prize for mark up.

There are 1.3 billion Chinese and they just have not thought of it yet.

tommy

Back