MkIV

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Jac, I've had that same discussion with Arnie. He's fast, but he likes fried food too much, that's why he had to remove the driver's side fender. :) Had to save weight somewhere. We are now discussing an aluminum foil fender.

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hey Kris, when you're at that shop, would you mind taking some pics of the MKIV's for me? Mine might be in the queue by then. :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Kris, when you're at that shop, would you mind taking some pics of the MKIV's for me? Mine might be in the queue by then. :)

Here's a shot I took while I was there a couple days ago..

Attachments

• IMG_0094r.jpg
    IMG_0094r.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,361
On wheels with ALUMINUM 427...yeah baby..

We are almost finished with the headers and she will be heading to her new home....with a red roof I might add.

We used our test roof for fabricating the roll cage....so as not to damage the customers matching roof.

The rocker panels and front scoop are all aluminum ..per original..just not shown in these pics....

We now have three more in build....and one is going to be left hand drive, with a dropped floor(owners request) and powdercoated aluminum silver....rockonsmile

There is masses of room in the tail of this car...compared to a Mk1 or Mk2....its awesome......

Attachments

• Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 001 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 001 (Small).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,201
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 002 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 002 (Small).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,183
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 003 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 003 (Small).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 004 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 004 (Small).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,168
Last edited:
I forgot ...

I have a meeting next week about casting some turbine style wheels ..we have some original mag ones as patterns .... but I have to make the numbers work though....

That's going to be one nice ride! once it's lowered about 3 inches!
Speaking of ROOM .... the old shop is looking pretty damn empty.

Rob..

the way the car sits is actually pretty close to ride height...the perspective of the camera makes the view distorted ...there is approx 4 inches from the tip of the nose to the ground....as it sits in the pics above....Jims at Watkins Glen..
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/all-gt40/11873-j6-watkins-glen.html

Check on the originals and see how the cars sit...they are not Mexican lead sleds baby....besides the roof of the Mk4 is two inches lower than a Mk1.....its all in the details

Last edited:
The ever strong 930 turbo 4 speed....my favorite

Fran,

Good to know that the 930 is your favorite - the only thing I don't like about it
is the shift mechanism hanging out the rear of the car. Its unsightly and vunerable.

Do you know of a more elegant shift mechanism?

John
:pepper:

Ahh ...Jac,
thats the problem with living upside down the metric conversion sometimes drops a tenth or two....

John,
CMS used to do a side shift for the 930 but you have to send them your box and its not cheap....
The Mk4 has so much room under the tail that you could almost put two boxes end to end and still have room for a picnic ....

Last edited:
Turbine wheels would be quite something. But nevertheless I couldn`t conceive the Halibrand-style wheels contributing so nicely to the car`s overall looks, which they really do.

Just love the sight of the rear end. It does look real business, in that respect it comes quite close to the T 70...but only quite.

headers.....

Attachments

• Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 067 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 067 (Small).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 909
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 068 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 068 (Small).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 842
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 070 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 070 (Small).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 852
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 071 (Small).jpg