MkIV

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Fran,

I saw Johann at he Glen but did not get to talk to him, he was a mite busy.

The weekend generally sucked as Sunday it rained like hell for a good bit, cleared a little to tease everyone and then rained and FOGGED IN! You couldn't see the stands across the pit straight from the backside of the pits at the paddock fence! Were was our resident weather forcaster?

We left about 3 PM, most entrants pulled out earlier as it was obvious that no real racing would go on....as we left the Bugatti race did go off, old cars on narrow tires in the rain....go figure. Guys racing cars worth a fortune, with NO roll bars, in weather they wouldn't drive their favorite toy car in!

Saw Fran the Kress but by then he had the MK IV wheel packed away so I did not see it. He told me I could still get one of the new MK IV honeycomb tubs, I demurred citing a lack of time (TRANSLATION: Lack of Money!!!)

The Shelby Collection had two Mk Is there (1021 and don't recall the other chassis #) and there was another MK I there but didn't get a good look before they packed up. Mr. Walton and that 1075 critter were absent.

A shame as the best weekend I have ever had was at the Glen in 1989 for the GT40 reunion. Might have a little bit to do with me having P1116 there and doing laps. As I have said before, I PERSONALLY held up 1075 for the better part of a lap, although the way I tell it, I "held off" 1075 for a better part of a lap! Plus it was perfect weather, my wife and sons were there, a good time was had by all, some good food was digested, some quality grape-based beverages were consumed and most of all some fine people and friends were present to enhance the experience!

Rick

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hey Fran, are the rear wheels widened? How much? Which tires (width)? Any chance of getting a butt shot with tires visible just to see how they look?

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of beverages..... Will this one have a cup holder. Maybe a nice billet machined piece.... All the other ones seem a lot like race cars (well with Air Conditioning...of course).

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Fran, not sure if you caught my question above. Have those rear wheels been widened? How much? What tires?

Thanks a bunch.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Naughty boy....and on the first date, too!

While we're on the subject, here's one of our little hotties from Algeria.....

Attachments

• Algerian Girlfriend.jpg
    Algerian Girlfriend.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 575
Back