MkIV

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Looks great, Fran! It appears you'll be able to get the valve covers off without taking off the headers which is a plus for solid cam and adjusting lash. Looking at original pics, it looks as if you have to remove the headers which would be a real pain in the ass all the time.

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hey Fran, this might be a silly question, but is there a bit more room between the firewall and the front of the engine than say an MK1? Just looking at the picture from the side, it appears so, but maybe that's just an illusion since the rest of the gear isn't on the front of the engine.

We have tried keep as much room as possible around the front of the BB to enable the AC etc etc to fit as other companies have had a hard time keeping the luxury of AC with the big engine....its still bloody tight though...but it is nice to see the right engine in the Mk4

Here's a few more shots...just to prove we dont sit around drinking tea all day long....

little more detail on the car...

Aluminum rockers and nostril vent ...per original...

Attachments

• Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 202 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 202 (Small).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 874
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 203 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 203 (Small).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 870
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 204 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 204 (Small).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 841
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 205 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 205 (Small).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 867
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 208 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 208 (Small).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 837
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 209 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 209 (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 858
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 211 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 211 (Small).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 870
  • Original GT40  PHOTOS AND DOCS 212 (Small).jpg
    Original GT40 PHOTOS AND DOCS 212 (Small).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 901

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
That is one awesome ride. Looks like all Jay has to do is wet sand the part lines and buff out. I like the contrast and would keep the aluminum bare!

I heard that you DID just sit around drinking tea all day. Were those photos shot with a teacup in the left hand?

You have some valuable goodies in that factory, Fran. Hope it's all protected by sprinklers and things; it's too good to take any risks with.

Dalton

I had tea in one hand and a crumpet in the other.....so I was directing the photo taking....Mr.DeMilles..

We actually had a new high tech ADT alarm system installed just yesterday....the previous one did not have all the whizz bang we needed...

I know there are some repro wheels being done because he called for measurements from the ones we have at the shop.
He ways they are terrific....

I think the new patterns are owned by Mike Tesci.

I hear you need some tyres for the Lola too....how was the weekend??

Hmmm, directing photo shoots and you have been watching too many Bond movies Fran, I don't remember ordering the "ejector passenger seat/door". Do we need to start calling you "Q". And I hope the buildings alarm system wizz-bang includes the "ALERT-kids with ball-peen hammers in hand near the Mk-IV" for those aluminum rockers

Attachments

• Original%20GT40%20%20PHOTOS%20AND%20DOCS%20212%20%28Small%29.jpg
    Original%20GT40%20%20PHOTOS%20AND%20DOCS%20212%20%28Small%29.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 783

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Believe me, I've been trying. The only thing is that now I'm waiting for hardware to be delivered. Hoping tomorrow everything is back in order...crossing fingers.

Back