Roaring Forties #81

one more pic

Attachments

• 42741-GT-40hans41\'bowsprit006.jpg
    42741-GT-40hans41\'bowsprit006.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 631
Picked up the engine last week, 347 ,eagle forged crank- internally balanced, eagle H-beam rods. SRP 10.5 to 1, AFR 205 heads, crane gold 1.6 rockers, Isky hyd. roller.

Attachments

• 45613-GT4010-23-04002.jpg
    45613-GT4010-23-04002.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 665

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Simon,

The "bundle" looks fantastic.
If you wouldn't mind fill'in me in, what waterpump do you have installed, anything special? Also while engine and tranny are bolted together can you post the measurement from the back of the motor (where adapter plate mates) to the rear most part of the G50, excluding the shifting shaft?

Again, everything looks beautiful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks Tim,

The front cover & pump came off my neighbors crate motor, It had the serpentine setup with short pump. I'm not sure what car it came on, maybe someone else can identify it. Now all I need is pulleys.
The transaxle is 27-1/4" from back of eng.& 29" with shift rod extended.

Simon

As usual Simon, it looks terrific!
Ford crate motors come with a 1996 to 2000 Explorer water pump and timing cover. It's the shortest and best one for a GT40 application.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Hersh, nice to know what I have. Do you know what pulleys will work? I wish I had thought to order them from RF but the stuff I ordered is already on the way.

Simon

Simon, most of the pulleys are on the compressor, altenator, and water pump. The other pulleys needed are
just idlers and ther is three I think but the pulley kit is reasonable. It has all the brackets and spacers needed to hang all the stuff on with. Let me know if you want one. It can be sent by air mail.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill,

The wheels are from Bob Lacey at Vintage Wheels,
fronts are 8"x15" with 235-60 BFG
rears are 10"x15" with 295--50 BFG
Really happy with the wheels and Bob is a great guy do deal with.
The brakes are Wilwood 12.19 rotors front & rear with 4 piston billet calipers. The rear is a pro kit for big brg. ford rear end 2.38 offset , if you need more info or part # let me know.

Simon

Simon, do you mind sharing who did your motor? I've been thinking Coast but something has been keeping me from pulling the trigger. Coast has offset wrist pins to keep side loading down, which is appealing to me. Any thoughts on this idea?

Is your water pump and timing chain cover one piece or two? Ford Racing has a one piece unit, but I don't know what that does to pulley alignment on the other stuff.

Pat, how are you? Better stay away from those carts.
I had the engine built at Harris Engine & Grinding (281) 458-7696) --- great guys and build good engines. They built the small block that's in the dirt modified and it's on it's second season, just gets checked and freshened in the off season. Of all the engines I found most had cast cranks & hyperutectics so decided to go with Harris. For the same money I have forged stuff and better heads --- plus they are ford guys.
Hersh said the cover looks to be from 96 to 2000 Explorer. I am still looking for pulleys.

Simon

Thanks, I will definitely give them a call. Do you mind if I mention your name?

Haven't got back in a cart yet, but someday soon, I've got to get back on the horse that bucked me.

Things are finally coming together. I had installed a Mustang II rack and decided to change it out for a MG rack, my crewcab dually had quicker steering. Pulleys, ac/heat & brakes are finished except for changing out a few bolts. AFCO is building the radiator and hope to have it next week, maybe will hear this thing run in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 49222-GT4012-23-04007.jpg
    49222-GT4012-23-04007.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 719
Back