SPF #2285 Born, But Still Coming To Life

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jim, I swear one day I will put Dylan's "My Back Pages" on YouTube for you in honor of your signature line!

Will let you know when it happens, amigo!

...again, Robert, per forum etiquette, my apologies for the thread drift!

Cheers from Doug!!!

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You 2 must-a-been-there-back-then . . . Who Knew :laugh:

Looks like you might be 3 years older than I am from your earlier comments....we're all three from the same generation, I think (not sure how old Jim is)!

Cheers!

Doug

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Looks like you might be 3 years older than I am from your earlier comments....we're all three from the same generation, I think (not sure how old Jim is)!

Cheers!

Doug

Jim is really old dude. The soil, I hear, around the foundation of his home is younger than he. He oft opines that his mother was deceived by a talking snake.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim is really old dude. The soil, I hear, around the foundation of his home is younger than he. He oft opines that his mother was deceived by a talking snake.

When asked how old I was, I use to say "Older than dirt" (and by that I meant the dirt around the foundation of Jim's home), but a friend challenged me about that. We discussed it for a while and realized that even though I may not be older than dirt, I AM older than aluminum foil.

That's how I answer the question now....seems the younger chicks in the bars (they are ALL younger) enjoy the humor, it has been a good answer for breaking the ice with the ladies!

As for the talking snake....looks like I might have missed that one by just a few months...:shifty:

Cheers!

Doug

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Life Is Good Behind The Green Door

Wow, I finally got passed the green door! No more night without sleepin', or watchin' 'til the mornin' comes creepin'. No more seein' an eyeball peepin' through a smoky cloud behind the green door. Thanks to Rick I can now join the happy crowd and laugh as they play the ole piano hot behind the green door. Now I can get the nice stuff for my car like everyone else behind the green door. :happy:

:speechless:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Re: Life Is Good Behind The Green Door

Wow, I finally got passed the green door! No more night without sleepin', or watchin' 'til the mornin' comes creepin'. No more seein' an eyeball peepin' through a smoky cloud behind the green door. Thanks to Rick I can now join the happy crowd and laugh as they play the ole piano hot behind the green door. Now I can get the nice stuff for my car like everyone else behind the green door. :happy:

:speechless:

No,

You lose....the door is now red!

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Re: Life Is Good Behind The Green Door

But who was "Behind the Green Door?"

At first blush it was a tad bit freightening. I was afraid that it would be as discribed 50 years ago: "Hospitality's thin there". The door did slam behind me as I entered. I walked up to it and peered through the peep hole, and did, so help me, see the eyeball peepin', but from a different perspective. I began to scout around the room and came upon a scary figure sitting on a bar stool smokin' a stogie, with a whiskey bottle and shot glass on the small table, and an open empty coffee can in his hand. The can label said GT40. He shook the can in my direction and said "I want your subscription money". I said, I've been here before, and that "Rick" sent me! Then, he laughed out loud. So, I gave him the money and learned his name was Ron. I began walking toward the backroom where I heard the old piano being played. Couldn't believe my eyes: it was Rick himself hammering the ivories. He grinned slightly but continued playing Route 66 on the piano. What a thing it was, and when I awoke, I was glad it wasn't real . . .

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Robert,

That is not true! Anyone knows I can only play TWO songs on the piano, "Mr. Frog" and "Inna-Gadda-Davida"!

Sadly I was born missing the talent gene..........................

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I could view it. You guys probably don't have the right codec. Maybe put it up on YouTube?

I couldn't view it online; I was able to get it to launch by downloading the file to my hard drive. But it's just a green screen with audio.

Try again?

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Wide & Extra Rear Wheel Lip Comparison

Very minor detail, but the Wide Body and The Extra Wide Body Rear Wheel-Well treatment differ. I got the idea that this may have been a recent improvement, but it could have just been a renewed revelation. It may interest some, or not.

Wheel Well Detail Comparison Here

Back