Time bomb? Your thoughts.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I have no Knowledge of this, as Pickering says in the content of the story the local press here basically ignored it.
I'd be interested in your thoughts on the story.

THERE’S A TIME BOMB GATHERING DUST ON OBAMA’S DESK

It would be a mistake to underestimate just how important the Bergdahl story is to the remaining tenure of Barack Obama. The media here didn’t touch the story but early last year I gave it a run suggesting it could in future break Obama in what could fairly be deemed a matter of treason. The time has now come.
Bowe Bergdahl deserted his post and fled to a Taliban encampment. Troops who went to find him were mown down and killed. Photos later emerged (above) with Bergdahl and Taliban Leader, Batar' Udin.
The Taliban needed the US to believe Bergdahl was an abused captive because the plan was to use him as a swap for five of the most important Taliban operatives in US custody.
Bergdahl’s father Bob, had converted to Islam and had been tweeting anti-American material and openly promoting Taliban interests. He was clearly instrumental in arranging the swap.
Had Obama asked the military about the status of the five Taliban captives, he would have been told they were marked as, “never to be released”. The five were responsible for no fewer than 1,000 dead American soldiers. But he didn’t ask. He simply used yet another "executive order" to instruct they be released.
The first indication that a traitorous scam was unfolding was that the US had been told Bowe Bergdahl had been kept in an underground cell. He had arrived for the swap rubbing his eyes and continually blinking unconvincingly.
But it was over an hour’s drive to the changeover point, plenty of time for his eyes to have already adjusted to the light. The ruse was becoming clear.
Obama had arranged for the Taliban leaders to be released from Gitmo to Qatar, which supports the Muslim Brotherhood, with assurances Qatari officials would "monitor" them for one year.
The military was furious and flew Bergdahl to a German holding point to interrogate him, denying him any collaborative contact with his father.
Incredibly, National Security Adviser Susan Rice, was appearing on various news shows claiming that Bergdahl had served with, “honour and distinction.”
Meanwhile Bowe’s father and Obama were bear hugging each other in the White House Rose Garden in front of curious media, iterating how the US military, “never leaves a soldier behind”. The father was speaking phrases in fluent Arabic and Pashto (the official language of Afghanistan). Still Obama hadn’t realised he was part of the scam.
Or had he?
The Military took months to finalise a report into the incident and sent it to the White House, it has been on Obama’s desk for three months, untouched.
The Military knew Obama would object to its findings and would refuse to act on them. So, early this week the Military moved to Court Martial Bergdahl without forewarning Obama who was busy honouring a decomposing Saudi king.
But yesterday the Pentagon denied reports that the Military was preparing to Court Martial Bergdahl, stressing the top commander reviewing the case had made no decision yet. Hmmmm.
Other reports suggest the process is already in train and the excreta is about to hit the fan in an open Court disclosing Obama’s and Bob and Bowe Bergdahl’s complicity in a treasonous plot to undermine the security of the United States to the advantage of its enemy, the Taliban .
Intriguing reports you will not read elsewhere from early last year are here:
News - IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE..."HOLY MACKEREL!" - The Pickering Post
News - DO FIVE TERRORISTS EQUAL ONE U.S. TRAITOR? - The Pickering Post

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Given the Obama Admin's record to this point, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to learn every word is absolute gospel.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I surfed into the Pickering Post's website...not hard to figure out their orientation, is it? EVERY single op-ed (as opposed to news) piece was about how terrible Obamma is.

Given the Obama Admin's record to this point, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to learn every word is absolute gospel.

Larry, Larry, Larry...we've talked about this before...how you can't believe most of what you read anyhow, and certainly not when a source is so obviously biased. Try to remember.....some....nay, more than some...MANY really do think the Obamma administration has had a pretty good record. Not too hard to like a man who keeps his promises (well, except that one exception he made just for you about keeping your health plan or physician) and while you may not have liked those promises, the fact that he kept them puts him head and shoulders above many of the more recent POTUS in the eyes of a LOT of Americans.

We each pick our own poisons...I just like mine a bit more balanced and not so bitter.

Cheers!

Doug

Keith

This was discussed somewhat comprehensively in the Paddock some months back when it was relatively fresh and you're right Doug, Mr Pickering is no fan of Obama, so one has to factor that in.

He likes to thump a tub does Pickering....

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I surfed into the Pickering Post's website...not hard to figure out their orientation, is it? EVERY single op-ed (as opposed to news) piece was about how terrible Obamma is.

Larry, Larry, Larry...we've talked about this before...how you can't believe most of what you read anyhow, and certainly not when a source is so obviously biased. Try to remember.....some....nay, more than some...MANY really do think the Obamma administration has had a pretty good record. Not too hard to like a man who keeps his promises (well, except that one exception he made just for you about keeping your health plan or physician) and while you may not have liked those promises, the fact that he kept them puts him head and shoulders above many of the more recent POTUS in the eyes of a LOT of Americans...

We each pick our own poisons...I just like mine a bit more balanced and not so bitter.

Cheers!

Doug

Good KRYMUNY, Doug. What part of: "Given the Obama Admin's RECORD TO THIS POINT, IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME one bit TO LEARN every word is absolute gospel", did you NOT understand?????????

Not too hard to like a man who keeps his promises (well, except that one exception he made just for you about keeping your health plan or physician)

Really, Doug? REALLY?

...EVERYBODY will be covered...Obamacare is NOT a tax...Obamacare WILL NOT ADD A DIME to the nat'l debt...'average premiums WILL GO DOWN $2,500 a year...you'll get better coverage for LESS COST...this law means more choice, more competition, lower costs for millions of Americans..."what we said was...":evil:

Add to that the following: Benghazi was caused by a video...the NSA is NOT spying on the American people...there's not a SMIDGEON of corruption in the IRS...I will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days...I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office...We will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors — saving them an average of $1,400 a year– and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all...couples making less than $250K a year (later lowered to $200K) will not see their taxes go up by so much as ONE DIME...there will be no lobbyists in MY administration...mine will be the most TRANSPARENT admin in history...Obamacare negotiations will be televised on CSPAN...if you own a business - yeeew didn't build that. Somebody ELSE built that...

Ya 'feelin' me, Doug? Or do I need to continue... :bash:

Last edited:

Keith

True enough Larry, but I'm quite interested in the Bergdahl thing and would like to hear more. Sounds like a great Hollywood script to me...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
True enough Larry, but I'm quite interested in the Bergdahl thing and would like to hear more...

So would WE...but, the White House is sitting on it.

'Latest 'unofficial' word is B'dahl is evidently going to be charged with desertion...even though Obama's National Security Adviser, Susan Rice, told us "he served with honor and distinction" when the 1-for-5 swap was being made.

^^^ 'More 'B.S. as usual' from the folks at 1600 Penn. Ave....

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Ya 'feelin' me, Doug? Or do I need to continue... :bash:

I don't remember most of those "promises", but I'm sure you do. Some of those issues (like the IRS one and the NSA one) are probably just examples of what B.O. did that replicated what other POTUS have done...believed the lies of the people who feed him information. We all know Gee-Dub is famous for believing bad intelligence, so B.O. should be given some slack on some of them.

The one that really got me, though...that you didn't mention....was the comment by the Nancy Pelosi (not B.O., but he should have had a frank discussion with her for this comment and probably didn't) as the ACA was being pressed through congress....something like "..you can't read it until it's passed". Hard to imagine a more asinine statement....links back to your issue with transparency, on which I think B.O. has done as much as any other POTUS, but not MORE like he DID promise, I do recall that statement. Of course, he made that statement right after his first election and could have had no idea that Boehner and his partners in crime would hamstring the country with their unreasonable tactics...so I, for one, do not blame B.O. for becoming a bit more secretive than he thought was going to be necessary during those few rosy days after his inauguration, just before the "...fit hit the shan".

I thank my lucky stars every day that Romney was not elected...talk about issues with transparency, he would not even follow the pattern established by many prior POTUS and disclose his income for longer than "required"...he had a lot to hide, though, if he had any hope of connecting with anyone other than the ultra-rich.

I guess the issue is that B.O. has probably not committed any more transgressions than prior executives, he just left himself open for criticism with his naive remarks during the first few days of his presidency. He learned pretty fast that he couldn't do many of the things he thought would be appreciated by the general public, though. Overall I'd have to rate him better than average...YOMV, as it always does.

Keith....my sincere apologies for having continued this off-topic banter. I shall attempt to do better in the future, just could not let Larry think his angst about B.O. was shared by all (or, in my opinion, not even by the majority).

Now, back to the issue...I can hear the time bomb ticking in Europe. I'd like to hear more from those who live there about whether or not they think that the adoption of the Euro as currency had anything to do with it. I know we didn't hear much about insolvency and defaults before the Euro was adopted. It seems that if we in the USA were to form an alliance with Canada and Mexico to adopt a common currency, it might not affect us as much as Mexico (whose currency would suddenly be worth "more" by virtue of having been linked to the economic health of the USA) and that of Canada (whose currency has made great gains and is enjoying the best exchange rate for a long time)...their currency would seem to me to be "devalued" by being lumped into the big pot that would be the "North American Currency"...maybe we'd call it the NorthAmo"?

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
So would WE...but, the White House is sitting on it.

Strange how the government in general and the military in particular seems to be so secretive, isn't it? I remember when we were living at Eglin AFB in Florida, my dad had been instrumental in the development of NORAD and I guess that made him some sort of hot shit...it became very clear on the day that the military schools had the students stay home and go to work with their parents. Well, everyone else got to see what their parents did...except for me. Whatever it was that my dad was doing must have been top secret and I guess "they" were worried I'd be kidnapped by the Russians and tortured in an effort to get military secrets from me, because all I could do was sit in a chair in the waiting room...all day....nothing to do...other than wish that the government were not so paranoid and secretive. What could I have possibly learned that might imperil our family or our country if I was in that room where my dad did whatever it was that he did?

In other words...SNAFU!!!!! Always has been, always will be, won't matter who is "in charge" of the government :idea:

Cheers!

Doug

Back