Why can I no longer post in the paddock?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If your name happens to have any of the components of the fictitious names I have used below, rest assured it is only coincidental..

I'm not going to post all of the PMs I have gotten over the last few years here in public. You can either take this at face value or call me a liar and move on.
Along with the other moderators, we have gotten countless PMs over the years.. Like little kids fighting in the back seat of the station wagon whining to Mom and Dad that the other siblings are cheating, not playing fair, looking at me, touching me, blah blah blah.. Only of course it's far worse..

The following is true, but names changed (for obvious reasons)..
Joe-Bob has gone off his rocker and is threatening me with physical violence.
Jim-Bob has posted my 80+ year old parent's address and phone number just to get back at me for calling him a freaking idiot.
Tim-Bob PMs because he's p!ssed because his posts in a manufacturer's forum have been deleted and he's threatening to sue GT40's if his messages aren't restored.
Bill-Bob PMs because he's p!ssed that his threats to Joe-Bob were moderated (deleted) and this is a free country and wants all his support dollars back that he has ever paid to support GT40s.
Bo-Bob has been causing a ton of trouble in numerous forums with his constant banter and jabs at other members which have also PM'd all the moderators. Bo-Bob gets a PM from the moderator asking him to settle down or get a time out. Bostarts threatening law suit..

So - why lock down the paddock?

I'm afraid that If it is left as it is with full open access and not restricted in terms of topics - all this bull sh!t will just continue.. More people of value will leave.
If you lock it down and hide it from the public, at least we will have succeeded in insulating the public from all the acidic BS behavior in the Paddock. The next time one of our members has his own or his parent's own personal information posted in the Paddock, it will at least be restricted from view to the general public (limiting damage / mitigating risk).

About the BS spilling out into the other forums --
In my opinion, all of our other forums are to be moderated, kept on topic and if there are any hot-spots, we moderators should step in and take the control Ron has given us. Yes, one of these recent spats took place in a forum other than the Paddock. It should have been moderated, but even us moderators can't be in all places at all times.

So that's it from my vantage point..

So Joe-bob, Jim-Bob, Bill-Bob and all you other Bobs - I really don't want to hear the whining about the topics in The Paddock anymore. Take some of the medicine you are doling out here when you say things such as "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"... You don't like what's being said, get the heck out of Dodge!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
So Joe-bob, Jim-Bob, Bill-Bob and all you other Bobs - I really don't want to hear the whining about the topics in The Paddock anymore. Take some of the medicine you are doling out here when you say things such as "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"... You don't like what's being said, get the heck out of Dodge!

I like the game, just don't like the tactics use by some of the players.

I find the "Ignore" function useful.

Works for me!

I must admit, though, Randy, that I like your idea of locking it down from public view somehow...that way all those rather specific threats of physical harm will not be available for public view, a result which I strongly support. Those of us who swim the waters of the Paddock's political stream understand that a flame-suit is much more beneficial than a swim-suit, but when the sharks start baring their teeth and post threats of a physical nature I agree that it could cast a very negative pall over the forum for those who are unaware of the history of the changes in direction the stream has taken..i.e., the general public who might not understand without having followed the Paddock's "transformation".

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
GT40s.com is everyone's forum. I try and do what the majority of folks want to make it a user driven website. Now, people are not weighted all the same with input, just like any club. Folks that have been around the forum for a long time have more of a say than someone who joined last month. But I do try and listen to all view points presented. Once I get back from the two pending trips I have I'll attempt to have a look at the situation and make some changes.

Keith

Well, I don't understand any of it...:huh:

1. I don't understand why people won't subscribe even the minimum to this great resource - to assist in the running costs. But, that is their choice.

2. I don't understand why people who don't want to subscribe to the main forum would want to post in the Paddock anyway, or perhaps they just want to give their advice?

3. I don't understand why people who have never met want to throw violent threats and abuse at each other over, er, nothing.....

4. I don't understand American Politics which seems to cause 99.9% of the discourse and worst of all...

5. I don't understand Americans.

6. I don't variously understand English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French - well you get the picture.

7. As for the Germans & Australians, don't even go there.

8. I don't understand why black sacks are not available on the NHS.

That's my take on it, and I'm seriously considering saving a slice of my pension this month to up my contribution to Silver Status, just to thumb my poor-ass nose at y'all cheap skates.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
4. I don't understand American Politics...

People HERE don't understand American politics...or rather, 'don't understand how/why it got the way 'tis.

8. I don't understand why black sacks are not available on the NHS.

Okaaaay...now, this I don't 'get'! NHS is, I think, your health service over there...but, "black sacks"??? (Oh...wait a second...never mind. :shocked2:)

Keith

People HERE don't understand American politics...or rather, 'don't understand how/why it got the way 'tis.

Okaaaay...now, this I don't 'get'! NHS is, I think, your health service over there...but, "black sacks"??? (Oh...wait a second...never mind. :shocked2:)

Larry the latter was just a way of letting David Morton know I am still thinking of creative ways to needle him...:quirk:

Back