Why can I no longer post in the paddock?

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows, I've been away on work travel but the paddock was supposed to be OFF. My intention was to have it off, switch the moderator, and turn it on. So I effed it up in some way. Will look at it later tonight.

Ron Earp

Admin
Question for Mike Pass - you still cannot post in the paddock?

I thought I had screwed it up and only suppoter groups could post, but that isn't the case. This Fletcher joker is posting this morning on this thread:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/paddock/41829-another-piece-b-o-win-puzzle.html

And is just a regular user. Can someone else who is not a Supporter try to post on a thread in the Paddock? And also start a new thread? I need some feedback as to what's going on.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Can someone else who is not a Supporter try to post on a thread in the Paddock? And also start a new thread? I need some feedback as to what's going on.

Ron,

Gave it a shot, no go for me (mere mortal). Couldn't start a new thread, couldn't reply to a running one.

Chris

Ron Earp

Admin
Well how in the hell can Fletcher post? Have to figure that out.

Edit, duh, he started the thread. Permissions allow anyone to always post to their own thread.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Frankly - I would lock it down to the point where you can't read or post to the Paddock unless you were a supporter..

That way when the usual crud-slinging and exposure of personal information takes place, it's contained to the players that have paid to play...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
It is not something I will ever lose sleep over but why have the paddock in its current form? I will say the single biggest thing I think makes the FGT site different than most is that Dave asks there be absolutely zero posts of a political nature. It prevents heated conversation and hard feelings and as such the forum remains more cordial in nature.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Maybe someone will explain why or who has done what and why they don't sort it out instead of dumping a blanket "pay to post" on the rest of us. Who has decided on this course of action and perhaps tell us why.

The pariah

Maybe someone will explain why or who has done what and why they don't sort it out instead of dumping a blanket "pay to post" on the rest of us. Who has decided on this course of action and perhaps tell us why.

The pariah

Read back, I don't think it's intentional.

A moderator from another area seems to have a bee in the bonnet about it but that doesn't make it official.

All in all I think the paddock is great - some funny stuff in there. IMO it just has the one issue - US politics... Just that issue, on its own, all alone... Constantly...

Tim.

Last edited:
Back