I Sold My Cobra Today

And now I can finally build the car of my dreams - a GT40. After I square away a few things, I'll be placing an order.

Congratulations! I remember watching your cobra build on FFcobra.com - I will be great to watch you do it again with a GT-40!

cheers

Thanks Dave. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. This is the car of my dreams. I can't believe it's going to become a reality.

I guess it's time to change my avitar.

Bill D

Bill,

Egad ... that other thread on FFCobra.com finally got to you eh? I haven't been able to part with the Cobra. Means my build has been very slow ... and penny pinching.

But even with those constraints things are moving along. Finally have the engine in and am sorting the positioning issues, drive shafts, rear transaxle mount, and that sort of stuff.

rearwhalfshaft1_vs.jpg

These things just take time unless your well funded. Having given up your Cobra and going with RCR or RF you should be in great shape!

Look forward to watching your progress.

Congrats...may the fun begin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems to be a natural progression for some to move from Cobra to GT40.

Congrats on the first big step, now like Pete says , which one is it going to be ?
Since you without any doubt have asked more questions than any one before buying we wait with much anticipation ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have decided to go with a MkI from RCR. I am going to get the wide hips and make the car a clone of chassis #1076.

Bill

2 fast congrats
I'll never forget the weekend i sold my cobra. Went to ERA on monday check in hand horrified to hear about the 2 year wait(turned out to be almost 4). I would have not been so quick to sell if i had know that. Enjoy the build, the car is much more complicated than the cobra. You'll have lots of fun.

LLoyd

Attachments

• 61039-gt40.jpg
    61039-gt40.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 261

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I will be supplying PSE wheels for the Big hip cars.

I have spoken with Phil Schmidt and he will be supplying the wider 15" wheels and the 17" wheels that have been requested also...

Back