Isdera Erator looks like a GT40

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Obviously a GT40 derivative but to me it contains aspects/lines from the Mirage, MkIV and Lola Mk6.

Overall I like it!

Bill

Sonny C. was the man...and a Ferrari driver - breakout the pastel jacket & pants.

Gotta love the 80's... the decade fashion left behind!

Chris

MB engine?

Steve

Looks like a 5 litre MB quad cam all aluminum engine to me - a related vid on YouTube shows the engine a little more clearly (has center plugs between two cam banks on each side). The MB badge on the rear is also likely some indication.

I bet the MB 5.0 with webers and free breathing exhaust is a pretty potent combination. The '92+ version of that engine is also a four valve/cyl head which really starts to breath at 4K plus. I would guess something like 375-400hp with similar torque #'s. Sounds good!

:laugh: I just found this car when looking at GT40 video's and thought I post it...but its already here :thumbsup:

anyway a very nice car, here 2 video's and some reading and also many pictures'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewz2JxeY1jg

in the next video you can see the strange mirror on the roof and the see through glass, also the gullwing doors.
it seems to be Isdera's first car from 1969 the Isdera Eratos GT with 5.0 Mercedes V8 which looks a bit GT40 but also very nice.

YouTube - Isdera Erator GT Photoshooting

here you can find a lot more, also a lot pictures.... they only made 1 reading the info?

http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=nl&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.traumautoarchiv.de%2Fhtml%2F5989.html&langpair=de|en

GTRene

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Looks a lot like a GT40.......yeah; you think?

What a plagiarist. Looks like a Mark III, with those round headlights.

I guess if you can't come up with a good design on your own, you can always knock off someone else's. Whatever.

erator20gt201969201.jpg
erator20gt2019692021.jpg

Its even a bit lower then the GT40 its only 960mm and ofcorse the wingdoors and the see throu glas for the mirror on top.
they made only one in 1969 I believe the story says.

erator20gt201969209.jpg

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Very nice,probably more expensive than an original 40... I also think it has design elements of several cars. The door/window line reminds me of a Lambo Muira. I also couldn't help but notice that muffler....DAMN. It was either very quiet or had the biggest collector I have ever seen.

lol, yes its very big but light and only one collector for the eight pipes...I think its a extra muffler for queit days...on a picture below you can see the normal exhaust I guess.

erator24.jpg

erator3.jpg

erator2.jpg

Keith

Gee how come carrol shelby didnt sue this guy?
Im just sayin thats all.....

Looking at it again and again, I have to confess I quite like this machine. Shame there was only one.

I presume you were jesting re: lawsuits because I cannot think of a single reason that old Chickenshit has or had any IPR (real or imaginary) over any car with ANY GT40 styling cues whatsoever..

Thank God.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
It wouldn't be worth it, and anyway Shelby wouldn't have any standing to sue this guy. The people who DO have standing to do it either can't be bothered, or don't know the car exists.

I have a "spare" Mercedes M100 6.3 V8 engine around; maybe I should have put it into my GT40....not.

Back