Turn Ten Racing Update TTR/GT Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off an email to Ron about getting our banner up so I thought I would post the latest about our new replica.

I have been working with Don from D&D Cobra/GT Technology for the last week on packages for the TTR/GT. We have the first 2 designed and I will have them on our site with details by the weekend. There will be 2 more higher level packages that include additional pieces coming shortly and a turnkey minus option. Here is a listing of the first two packages:

Base Package: $20,995.00

GT Technology Tubular Space Frame, Powder coated gloss black (other colors including
metallics available as option)
Complete Body / Front, Back, Roof, Doors, Rockers, Dash
Full Set of Aluminum panels bent and set in place
Windshield, Lexan Headlight Covers, Side Windows
Space tube Rear Chassis Brace
Tubular Front Suspension Upper and Lower Control arms.
Tubular Rear Suspension Upper and Lower Control arms.
Teflon Spherical rod ends and tubular Rod links etc.

Roller Package 1: $29,995.00
This package is designed as a complete rolling chassis, brakes and body. It's perfect for those wanting to build track cars that will not require a long list of accessories or for builders who wish to do the replica in stages.

Base Package listed above
Ford or Chevy Engine Mounts
Coil-over Shocka & Springs
High Performance Wheel Bearings
Steering Coulmn, Rack and Pinion and Tie-Rod ends
Sealed Bearing Universal Joints
Splined Quick Release Steering
Vintage Type Steering Wheel
Wilwood Four Piston Front Brake Calipers
Wilwood Four Piston RearBrake Calipers
Wilwood 11.75" Rotors

Vintage Wheel Company Knock-Off Style Wheels with Adapters
15 X 8 (Front)
15 X 10 (Rear)

295-50-15 Rear Radial Tires
235-60-15 Front Radial Tires
*Optional AVON Vintage tires

Custom 600 h.p. Aluminum Radiator
Electric Cooling Fans
Twin Fuel Tanks

*Note Introductory rollers will get a free powder-coated 6-point roll cage. We also have optional Gulf flares.

Post your questions on this thread or send me an email. I will be happy to answer any questions that I can. Technical data and pictures are on the way this week and we will post that info on our site.

:D

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
www.turntenracing.com

Last edited:
Hi Mike

Welcome...always exciting to see a new GT40 come alive.
Is your frame aluminum paneled? Are they included in the price?
Do the panels come installed, or loose for owner installation?
Regards

MikeD

MikeDD said:
Hi Mike

Welcome...always exciting to see a new GT40 come alive.
Is your frame aluminum paneled? Are they included in the price?
Do the panels come installed, or loose for owner installation?
Regards

MikeD

A full set of aluminum panels comes set in place from our base package on up. I suppose I should list this fact. :)

hi MIke,
I was looking right now at your website, seems very nice and clear.

I would like to kwon the origin of the mouldings u are using for your gt.
Thats looks very nice.

I see many uses improved versions of the kva body (from gtd to GOX,maybe also Tornado.).
Just the Superformance is using a different origin dime for fiberglasses (mk2b different nose section).

Just curious.

The pictures are wonderful (I love the Cobras too).

Thank u Mike
Paolo:D

P.s.U just didnt mention any reference for shipping to Europe...

kenshiro8 said:
hi MIke,
I was looking right now at your website, seems very nice and clear.

I would like to kwon the origin of the mouldings u are using for your gt.
Thats looks very nice.

I see many uses improved versions of the kva body (from gtd to GOX,maybe also Tornado.).
Just the Superformance is using a different origin dime for fiberglasses (mk2b different nose section).

Just curious.

The pictures are wonderful (I love the Cobras too).

Thank u Mike
Paolo:D

P.s.U just didnt mention any reference for shipping to Europe...

Hi Paolo,
The company that owned the molds and tooling in Canada, Pigeon Performance and D&D Cobra, our manufacturer created a new company called GT Technology. From what I understand Pigeon had obtained some or all of the molds from Sabre, which owned the Integrity at one point. The original mold shape was produced by KVA, but has changed into the shape we have now. Pigeon has made some modifications toward accuracy from what I am told. We were informed of this car just two weeks ago and details are still coming in. I will be updating the site a couple times a week with new information. I know we have a Gulf flare option and single hood vent as well. The pricing for the first two packages is complete and we will have the other 2 packages listed shortly. Those packages will include everything minus engine, transaxle and battery. Shipping to Europe should not be a problem and I have a shipping company that could handle the task.

The Cobras, or should I say EVO's :) are great. The frame layout makes for an excellent track car.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Duell / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
585-223-5917 (business)
585-415-6701 (cell)
www.turntenracing.com
[email protected]

Mike,

If possible, could you post some chassis and suspension shots soon?
I am curious as to what lies under the skin.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,
I have sent a request to Quebec for more specific pictures and information and they should be back to me shortly. I will post the pictures at our site and here at GT40's. com when they arrive. D&D Cobra has been very busy with EVO orders (427 s/c replicas) and the first couple GT's ordered in Canada so it may take a few days.

Sounds intriguing Mike. How close will the body be to the original or in a compairison to RCR, ERA, ect.....?

Kevin

Last edited:
427HISS said:
Sounds intriguing Mike. How close will the body be to the original or in a compairison to RCR, ERA, ect.....?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I have only seen the car once in Quebec and I will admit a am not an expert when it comes to the shape. We have only been marketing Cobra replicas up until 3 weeks ago. The car comes out of the same molds that produced Sabre and Integrity cars, but I believe there were some modifications. I have seen ERA's car at Carlisle and I think, with out having them side by side, that we are close. I will have a ton of pictures soon and I will be posting them here. Here is the link to the GT page of our web site so you can take a look at what I have so far:

http://www.turntenracing.com/PageTemplate.aspx?pc=TTRGT

I am going to do my best to get a display car together by spring, but we have a 427 Cobra replica and a FIA replica to complete, which we will be using for display and show, first. I will keep posting to this thread as information comes in.

Good Luck Mike. It is a fantastic looking car. I look forward to seeing some more pictures soon.

Regards

Jack

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Mike,

Looks great in theory. A couple of very specific questions for you:

1. Who in your organization has experience with building an accurate GT40?
2. Will you be looking to sell these via advance deposit, or, payment upon delivery of a car at the agreed stage (roller/turnkey, etc.)? I would suggest the test of adequate capitalization for your new venture is the ability to sell w/o requiring an advance deposit. Requiring a material (greater than 5%) advance deposit reeks of a thinly capitalized, and unsophisticated, business venture in my experience.
3. Perhaps you can be specific about what your business has actually done so far to produce a car, in contrast to what you plan on doing. The distinction may be subtle but it is hugely important in establishing your credibility in this market place.

Thanks and good luck.

Well you make some good points, but they are not all accurate. We have been selling Cobra replicas at 50% deposit for the last two years without issue. No one sells with a 5% deposit. The kits are set up to be sold in 4 stages; kit, roller with frame and body, roller kit about 3/4 done and complete roller kit minus with everything minus paint. Very close to RCR's kits. We will also offer turnkey minus cars. The GT deposit will probably be in 3rds. It has nothing to do with a good business plan or financing, has to do with getting stiffed by customers. Michel Pigeon, whos car is pictured in our ads and gallery has plenty of experience with GT40 replicas. The tooling and molds are in Quebec and prodcing customers cars now. Have you looked at the pictures or literature posted here or on our site?

CliffBeer said:
Hi Mike,

Looks great in theory. A couple of very specific questions for you:

1. Who in your organization has experience with building an accurate GT40?
2. Will you be looking to sell these via advance deposit, or, payment upon delivery of a car at the agreed stage (roller/turnkey, etc.)? I would suggest the test of adequate capitalization for your new venture is the ability to sell w/o requiring an advance deposit. Requiring a material (greater than 5%) advance deposit reeks of a thinly capitalized, and unsophisticated, business venture in my experience.
3. Perhaps you can be specific about what your business has actually done so far to produce a car, in contrast to what you plan on doing. The distinction may be subtle but it is hugely important in establishing your credibility in this market place.

Thanks and good luck.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Mike,

1. In short then, the expertise internally at your organization has come by way of the acquisition. Perhaps you can give some background on the experience of those coming by way of the acquisition?
2. On the contrary, advance deposit is not required by all. How do I know? Because I just acquired a second GT40 and no deposit was required.
3. Still unclear, what exactly has your company done to produce a car to date, in contrast to talking about what you will do in the future.
4. Yes, I have looked at the photos.
5. If you're informed as to the GT40 marketplace you'll be very familiar with some recent dramas associated with new players entering the market, talking extensively about what they will do, accepting people's money as advance "deposits" and then delivering exactly squat. It's called "fraud in the inducement" in legal terms.

Hope all goes well for you and your new venture.

Not to throw water(or fire) on this little discussion, but I was under the impression that all the manufacturers required a deposit of some sort, and that the more established ones required one of sufficient size as to not get stiffed. Granted there are enough in line at most, that it could be shifted to another. As I recall talking to Joseph about his, that is how he got his early, some guy didn't like the paint scheme and declined the car, so they passed it on to him. Now I don't know if he had a deposit down for it, or maybe he paid for it at the time of delivery due to the events falling in place as they did. This discussion doesn't affect me one way or the other, as I have mine, bought from an individual, unfinished, and still required a down payment or deposit, and remainder in escrow. So i guess its six or half a dozen or the other. I for one would be curious as to which manufacturer(s) don't require a deposit.

Bill

Hi Cliff,
I understand your points and I know of the problems with RF and others. Yes, we can build a roller or turnkey minus and take payment on delivery, but we won't. We have investors an a huge line of credit not to mention this is not our first offering. Even Shelby American gets 1/3 (about $40,000) for a Cobra before production and they have plenty of back-up money. There are cars under construction in Quebec and I am getting details and photos from D&D. You cannot assume the worst before things get rolling. I am not asking anyone for a single dollar until they have seen everything they need and thay are well informed. Again, as far as the deposit is concerned, I will be setting it at around 1/3 the total.

CliffBeer said:
Hi Mike,

1. In short then, the expertise internally at your organization has come by way of the acquisition. Perhaps you can give some background on the experience of those coming by way of the acquisition?
2. On the contrary, advance deposit is not required by all. How do I know? Because I just acquired a second GT40 and no deposit was required.
3. Still unclear, what exactly has your company done to produce a car to date, in contrast to talking about what you will do in the future.
4. Yes, I have looked at the photos.
5. If you're informed as to the GT40 marketplace you'll be very familiar with some recent dramas associated with new players entering the market, talking extensively about what they will do, accepting people's money as advance "deposits" and then delivering exactly squat. It's called "fraud in the inducement" in legal terms.

Hope all goes well for you and your new venture.

Last edited:
Last edited:
IMHO any comparison between well made replica bodies and an original is a waste of time. These differences (especially the exterior) are meaningless for 99.9 % of consumers. The REAL question is the fit and finish of the replica
body. There can be substantial differences in quality that will result in hundreds of manhours in body work in extreme cases.

I do need to mention that the UNDERSIDE of the front/rear clams is
an area where certain companies (like RCR) have done a much better job
duplicating the original. If that level of originality is important to you,
then spend as much time under the panels as looking outside.

MikeD

I don't believe in deposits either - I charge the full 100% up front.

Works for me, haven't had a single complaint. Every business has it's own methodologies-

Chris ;)

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
ChrisMartino said:
I don't believe in deposits either - I charge the full 100% up front.

Works for me, haven't had a single complaint. Every business has it's own methodologies-

Chris ;)

Chris,

Are you referring to MDA business or your graphics business ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back