What type of induction are you using?

What induction are you using on your motor?

• Various 2bbl carb

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Various 4bbl carb w/dual plane manifold

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Various 4bbl carb w/single plane manifold

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • IDF Webers

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • IDA Webers

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • 8 bbl injection manifold

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • 4bbl carb look injection manifold (Edelbrock etc.)

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • OEM injection such has Ford 5L, Rover, etc.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Dual 4bbl/2bbl carb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Induction? What is that?

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Earp

Admin
Just interested to see how much variability we have out there and what is the most popular option.

Ron

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Suprising that the 8bbl injection setups are as popular as they are. I like them, but they aren't cheap. Folks are willing to pay for cool stuff it appears.

Ron

I have seen some adaptations of the weber design carbs(48IDA) to EFI. Most of the ones I have seen are used on VW Type 1 and Type 4 engines. Has anyone checked into these units???....(I'm sure they are pricey)....as for me...I'll be sticking with a 4-V carburetor or a throttle body. (All subject to change in the mind of the dreamer,of course!)

Weber carbs are a master piece of the Ford legend engines. So when I had planed to build a Cobra replica I had selected a Weber set. As I had Yates head cylinders, it was necessary to create a special inlet manifold to adapt it. Big job :eek: . I have selected the 48IDF type instead of the traditional 48IDA type for 2 reasons:
- there are designed with a shorter barrel center line that was more appropriated for Yates inlet ports
- There are thee last Weber evolution and there are more efficient at partial trottle opening (from time to time you need to be at partial opening ;) )

Attachments

• Collecteur Weber 13.jpg
    Collecteur Weber 13.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 485
  • collecteur Weber 14.jpg
    collecteur Weber 14.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 489
Hopefully a TWM, Kinsler or similar 8bbl injection. Most likely will use an
Electromotive TEC3r, but if I grow dissatisfied with the TEC, I'll pony up
for the MoTEC.

Ian

Back