The numbers just in...

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Just got the call from Keith Craft Racing, the motor came off the dyno with these numbers -

Peak 618Hp/468lbsTq at 7400rpm

Some numbers off the sheet were like this -

Rpm/Hp
6800 600
7000 609
7100 614
7200 615
7300 616
7400 618
7500 617
8000 600

347cu Motor, Edelbrock Victor heads/Intake, Dart alloy block, Bryant crank 3.255", Dyers top rods, Comp Camp solid roller, Jessel shaft rockers, 850cfm worked over carb, dry sump.

When I have the build sheets I'll post the details. Keith and Tony and the rest of his crew were most helpfull with all aspects of getting the motor going and sorting out all the details.

Exciting, now to get it to RCR!

Sandy

Congratulations sandy that is some great numbers from a SBF. I would be interested in seeing the cam specs and the rest of the numbers including torque. Are you racing this car? do you plan to drive it on the street?

I assume you are using the ZF Transaxle?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Dave -

I have a copy of the cam card from Comp, I have the same spare cam for another motor, here that is -

Lift .694"IN .673"EX

Duration at 0.050" 265In 270Ex
Duration at 0.020" 298In 306Ex

Lobe Sep 106

I will see about getting the full dyno charts from KCR and will post them out. The car will likely not see too much street use unless I can get a SB100 exemption here in Calif.

If you need more on the Cam PM me. I also have a bit milder one that is my 65 mustang now running about 570hp @ 7000 which I may have posted earlier on one of the engine discussion.

The transaxle is a PowerhouseII (sp) built up 930 with spray bars, billet side plates and custom 3rd and 4th gears. The 930 box looked about as strong and it gets but I shall see :)

HTH

Sandy

CHeers Sandy,

Good luck with it it sounds like a beast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Sandy

Congratulations. That is one serious engine !
Will be really neat to see how well the tranny holds up.
I know Fran has high regard for the 930.

MikeD

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sandy,

That 930 sounds awesome along with the motor. I think it would have to be well up to the job. I wouldn't mind seeing some photo's of spray bars and other mods if you can post them.

Howard,

I'd be more interested to see how Roy Sayles ZF holds up to the 427W. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards

Sandy,
Good job. I am interested in knowing the weight of the engine as this should be one of the lightest possible (Dart Alum block and alum. heads, etc.) Could you have RCR weigh the engine when they get it. I assume they have car scales and it can be done on an engine stand. Then subtract the weight of the stand.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for answering Fran! I hope that KCR will have it shipped out this week. I think in one of the other posts I sent has the weight of the 302 Dart and 302 SVO blocks.

Fran should I have shipped it to your house? You could just stand on the bathroom scale with it and subtract your weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for the 930 not likely that I'll crack the case, but Fran can post some photos when it all comes in if he has the time that is!

Sandy

I will try to guess the weight. My 427 is 467 lbs. Now take out 100 lbs for the block (cast vs. alum) and ~~50 - 75 for the short vs. long deck and rods, etc. I am guessing 325 - 350 lbs. Wow!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Gary -

Your 427w made about the same hp, but a crazy amount more torque. I thought about it for a while (big cube motor) but I love the windy 331 high compression engine that is in my mustang and figured it would work even better (if built by KCR) in a 800lb lighter car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here are some block weights from another post-

dart Aluminum Block 8.2" deck 83 lbs
dart Iron Block 8.2" deck 160 lbs
M-6010-F302 svo Aluminum 8.2 deck block 92 Lbs

dart Aluminum Block 9.5" deck 93lbs
dart Iron Block 9.5" deck 195 lbs

So for the 8.2 alloy vs 9.5 iron ~110lbs less not sure how light the rest of the rotating assembly is, supposidly a very light crank and titanium Wrist pins. Will be very interesting to see when it shows at Fran's place. I do gain a few lbs due to the dry sump however...

Sandy

Here is an old pic I had of a Porsche cooler setup. No "numbers" though. I am sure the guys at Reinquist or Powerhouse could supply them, as they have done them. Looks like AN-3 or -4. Don't know if they are restricted or free flow ports.
1758965Web1192755Porschecooler.jpg

Bill

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if they are restricted or free flow ports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the 'Nozzles' that are in the case? The look like -3 brake line fittings on the hoses, and probabally just some -3 AN's into the case. The pump that is PowerHausII is supplying is a Tilton pump and it should flow enough for a bunch of them so I would expect this to be a fine way of doing it. I have not seen the trans yet but I always assumed that the idea was to use a pipe (aka the spray bar) internally with the directed spray onto needed areas and just have one fitting to supply it. This photo might be a more DIY sorta' thing. Looks like it would work fine and easy to do.

Sandy

Ron McCall

Supporter
Damn Sandy! Atleast I won't be the only one with a RCR GT40 with a sick engine! What are you planning to do for headers?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Straight pipes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif No not reall, but Fran is going to do them while he has the engine, coated, Bundle o' snakes, merge collectors, something of that type. I hope the engine gets to him soon I'm really looking forward to a pic.

Sandy

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
FWIW: My understanding for oiling the trans gears would be necessary only for endurance racing. If club and track day racing is your thing then oiling the ring gear is the only thing required, along with an external cooler. Other than endurance racing the trans doesn't stay hot long enough to need additional oiling. My /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Better to be safe then sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The folks that did the trans did the full spray bar, and probabally not much more work then just doing the R&P, but I don't really know. I'm just glad that I got it all!

BillD - Yes, Crazy power would be what I call it, I hope get the motor soon as I have not seen it together as yet.

Sandy

Back