#1073 Sale?

Anyone know if #1073-B (or whatever the ~1968 rebuild of the original #1073 onto a new, original tub should be called) sold at the Bonhams auction in Monterey over the weekend? I haven't found any results of that auction posted yet.

Auction

Don,
Went to preview the sale on Thursday last and met up with a friend and big player on the auction scene, who told me that there was only one real interesred party in the 40 as far as he knew. Perhaps the sale was not so good for Bonhams.
I think the Can Am cars stole the show for me, when they started up one of the UOP Shadows I seem to recall that, as I had had a few drinks ( the Santa Barbera Pinot Noir is not quite up to our Napa Pinot though) and was quite well oiled, the sound was just so awesome I dropped to my knees and smiled deliriously. The Porsche 917/10 looked great and was well used, but someone had managed to put their foot straight through the floor!!!.

Graham.

Thanks for the info, Graham. Bonhams still hasn't posted any results of the auction as of Wednesday morning Aug. 23. Yes, the Can Am cars are indeed absolute thrillers. I was a corner worker at a Can Am race at Bridgehampton in the late 1960s when Bruce and Denny were Kings of the Hill and Porsche was just getting its corporate feet wet with some kind of spyder (I don't know if it was a 908 or early 917), prior to signing on with Penske and developing the monster PorschePanzer twin turbo 917/30. What an experience!

Finally got a printout : Unsold - no hint as to where bidding reached

Most of the other Can-Am cars did go

Last edited:
Lot No: 519

The Ex-Will Kauhsen/Monte Shelton Nürburgring, Imola and Silverstone-winning
1972-73 twin-turbocharged Porsche 917/10 CanAm & Interserie Racing Spyder
Chassis no. 917/10-015

Made USD 579000 inc

Back