1075 style wide rear

Hello All,

I purchased and glassed the wide (1075 style) rear from Fran Kress. I have 17" X 13" (5"back space) wheels in the back and still have 1 1/4" of space
mad.gif
to fill.

Does anyone know what the track was for the original 1075. What size wheels did it use?!

What is everyone's opnnion on using a 1" spacer? Most everyone I talked to say it would be no problem as long as you are on dry road!

Thanks,

P.S I grew up in Oakland California,,there is no such a thing as toooo wide of a tire in the rear
grin.gif

can you e-mail a pic of this ? Sounds great to me ! I have Avon slicks and they look great, but the car did better lap times with Goodyear 800 15's bluestreak semi slicks.

I dont see a problem using wheel spacers My 87 GTA has iin rear and 2in front My engine put out 435 Flb at the crank and I have ran meny 1/4 and use to use the car as a daily driver and have never seen a problem with them I even broke an axle while using them. This the link to Andris's web site he made my adapters and will custome build them any way you need them he just built a set of them for one of the guys I work with for a MG to chevy patern. The key to using a wheel spacer is to have the spacer bolt to the hubs studs then the spacer should have studs of its own to bolt the wheel to. I hope this helps. http://www.skulte.com/adapters.html

Earl S.

My P4 has 11 inch fronts, 15 inch rears.
Tire size is 9.5 25 15F 12.5 27 15R.
There is a pic of my spare front on P4 Engine thread. This tire size is probably close.

Earl,

Thanks for the website info. I will e-mail them tonight. Would it be too cheesy
frown.gif
to just add a 1" spacer with longer studs?

Also thanks to all for tire info.

Rears were from 10 to 14 .....
Depending on year raced, track and car...
only 1075 used 14" 1969 etc...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I believe that you will find that if the spacer is bolted on with its own bolts and the wheel studs are mounted in the spacer, you will have a stronger unit that will deal better with the torque and have less chance of shearing off a stud.

Back