16th Aussie Cobra Nats

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Run and Won at Goulburn NSW (Aust.) --was a very well run event despite the inclement weather . Good to see a few GT40ii---- a very nice SPF, a couple RCRs, some RFs incl. Bobskis Mk2 turbo (very nice) that sounded like it was on its way to the moon when reality set in as the turns appeared suddenly.
Two DRBs put on a crowd pleasing performance, head to tail - reminiscent of Le Mans in the wet.
Hoping someone else can chime in with some pics

Attachments

• Peter _amp_ Greg.jpg
    Peter _amp_ Greg.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 16th Aus Cobra nats 005.jpg
    16th Aus Cobra nats 005.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 308
As Chris stated, it was a great weekend, lots of fun and met a bunch of great people. The orange and blue DRB was extreeemly quick on the track and sounded great as well. Yep,the Queensland boys and girls took some extra lougage home as well.
As this was my first time on the track, I couldn't believe how nervous I was, I was actually shaking lik a leafe. I got three sessions in on Friday and by the third, I was starting to fill more at home. I learned a lot (especially in the wet) and hopefully next time I'll the balls to push it a little. If anyone gets a chance to go next year, go as you'll have lots of fun.

Hey Chris, did you go to the Sunday night dinner? I missed out as it was rainning and I left early to drive the 40 back to Sydney while there was some daylight left. Wise move as I blew a fuse on the way home and had no lights.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Great to meet you Bob --you should plan to come up to Qld for some real track time fun --I'll keep you posted .
This is for you Daz:-

Attachments

• Cobra%20National's%20Trip%20Oct%2009%20(56) (Small).jpg
    Cobra%20National's%20Trip%20Oct%2009%20(56) (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 256
Back