2006 Ford GT info....

[ QUOTE ]
Well, IMHO it looks fantastic in the Gulf colours, I would like one parked in my garage. Then, I would like a date with Elle MacPherson also.
Can't afford either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you clould make her fit if you cut off her head, or her feet, or perhaps both if you wanted to "travel light", and still have the date "go well".

[ QUOTE ]
Tom B. Ford tried to buy back the GT40 name for their new car, but the price was too high to justify. They are from all reports a great car and I'll always look up to them. I have no choice they tower over a real or replica GT40. Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Norm -

Your right, I'll probably just S-can the car. Its a cheap, fake, oversized, wrongly named, sorry ass copy / replica. The engineering just isn't on par with new/real GT40's.

In 20-30 years it won't have any value, except to uninformed guys like me.

Have fun driving this weekend!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ford today announced that they have "extra" GTs to distribute to dealers who previously did not qualify for one. These will be built in October as the last 2005 models. Also they announced the "Heritage (Gulf) Livery" option will be priced at $13,000 MSRP. They are limiting the build number per month so if a dealer orders the 68G option and they are built out for that month he must select an alternate color.
Still no definitive answer on the number of cars to be built in 06.
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Well at 6"3" and am happy that the did not make an exact / correct GT 40 recreation. ( I sat in Larry Millers GT40 (race car #1) yesterday and there is no way anyone over 5"9" could ever drive one of those competively.
Love my GT, a true Super Car and the best part is that is godd ole' USA.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark IV,

for 13,000 you could get a custom paint job done and have about 5000.00 left over to do engine performace stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope people aren't afraid to have their Ford GTs re-sprayed, as the original GT40s have probably been re-sprayed more than ony other car I can think of, and the color/stripe selections available from Ford are fairly limited. If I had the means I'd start with a plain white one and go from there.

IMO, the Ford GT is a car built as an evolution of the GT40 road version. Ford did a marvelous recreation of the excitement the GT40 race car produced. But in a street legal car that is on par with a Ferrari 430 in every way. That is remarkable in anyone's definition. There is no replica that can compete with the Ford GT as a high performance GT. You just cannot match the tech Ford has put into the project.

The GT40's on the road vary greatly, mainly due to different manufacturers, factory built or kit, also due to engines with many variations, and "extras". Performance and reliability is not the same from car to car.
I have a CAV GT40 with considerable modifications and it stands next to a Ford GT in my garage. I have worked 40 yrs and "had" to have both. They are both terrific. The Ford GT is certainly not a street car and will give anything on the road a real shock.
I met with a Ford dealer last week, who had a Ford GT, and mentioned that many dealers across the country were "retaining" their allocation of the one Ford GT, to own it or just "keep" it.
He did not know of any actual case of one being sold at MSRP.
We should also recognise that the massive publicity for the Ford GT has placed the spotlight for all of us on the GT40's. It's all good.

John

Back