289 HIPO 5 Bolt

I am restoring an older Ford that came originally with a 289 HIPO 5 bolt. This is a Feb 1964 build car and I would like to find a period correct engine / parts to restore this car. Please let me know what you have and what price / trade you want for them.

The old ford is a 64 Mercury Comet that was equipped with a 289 hp with 4 x 2bbl induction from the factory according to the ROT sheet. This was an unusual engine and that is why I came to this forum. I have been emailing Lee Holman regarding this engine, which may have come from his shop for this car.

I am looking to find what I can that is period correct for this restoration. If I can find NOS that is good but realizing that not as many 5 bolt hipos were built as 6 bolt hipos I am grateful to find what I can. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

The HiPo Mustang Exchange is a great resource and there may be someone there that has the information that you're looking for. hipomustang.com

Also good for early GT40 engine information and part numbers, etc.

Robert

Based on the ROT sheet I am certain. I do know there was a 2 4bbl intake and 3 2bbl intake available, but this car's rot sheet has SUBST 289hp 4 x 2bbl at the bottom of the ROT sheet.

Back