3 Generations together

3 GT40 Gulf of 1966-2006-2018 at a local reunion in Brussels this weekend.

IMG_3398.JPG

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The new car has V6 power.
Really that's all that needs to be said.

Yes, I know the V6 was necessary due to the 3.5 liter engine size limit for its class @ Le Mans. But, a V6 is a V6. Ford GTs have always been V8s. Therefore the new car is really a Ford GT in name only. 'VERY NICE CAR all things considered...'amazing, in fact...'love the looks of it...but, it's just not really a Ford GT in the traditional sense.

- Mr. Total E. Immoveable :mad:

(Perhaps it should have been called the Ford Le Mans? :confused:)

Yes, my car is a GTD built exactly as per the 1968 winner, therefore not a spider ..
The badge on the nose is from Gulf Research center.

Grtz
Fred

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The new car has V6 power.
Really that's all that needs to be said.

Yes, I know the V6 was necessary due to the 3.5 liter engine size limit for its class @ Le Mans. But, a V6 is a V6. Ford GTs have always been V8s. Therefore the new car is really a Ford GT in name only. 'VERY NICE CAR all things considered...'amazing, in fact...'love the looks of it...but, it's just not really a Ford GT in the traditional sense.

- Mr. Total E. Immoveable :mad:

(Perhaps it should have been called the Ford Le Mans? :confused:)

The V6 in my 2017 Raptor has absolutely NO idea that it is missing two cylinders.... Frankly, I have grown rather fond of its growl!

And it’s rather hard to argue 450 HP and 510 TQ in a truck that can knock down 20 MPG without trying hard...
F29EFC93-6F51-4F1D-B947-46366F13380F.jpeg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
:confused:
The V6 in my 2017 Raptor has absolutely NO idea that it is missing two cylinders.... Frankly, I have grown rather fond of its growl!

And it’s rather hard to argue 450 HP and 510 TQ in a truck that can knock down 20 MPG without trying hard...
View attachment 93535

'Apples and ox carts as far as my point was concerned, Randy. GT40s, et al, are "supercars" so to speak. 'Far as I'm concerned, by definition they should be powered by no less than a V8.

V6s are for D.D.s IMHO. The Mrs' D.D. is so-powered. OTOH, my D.D. is Hemi powered...which can be had with faaaar more horses than the 400 mine has if one so wishes...levels far above an Eco Boost's 650 max h.p. as far as strength & lasting power go (E.g.: 840 h.p. and 770 pound-feet of torque at the low end of the Hemi Demon's h.p. capability...OR, 1,000 h.p. via the SBC V8 engines available in the Hennessey "Exorcist" or SVE "Yenko" Camaros ).

"There's no replacement for displacement"! If the E.B. T.T. V6 were a T.T. V8 with the same bore/stroke...all else being equal, the V8 version should produce 600 h.p. (IOW, 75 h.p. per cylinder in the V6 = 450...75 h.p. per cylinder in the V8 = 600). That's what I was getting at.

'Just sayin'... ;)

Back