6 GTD at Silverstone

MWGT40

Supporter
I was testing 6 GTD at Silverstone a few weeks ago before Evo magazine tested my car at Oulton Park. Footage is courtesy of Paul Thompson (thanks Paul).

The white and yellow cars at the end are original cars (not sure what chassis numbers) that were also testing there on the day.

Mike Wilds (ex F1, F5000 and Le Mans racer) drove my car for the first few laps before I took over (you can hear that he takes the bend in 4th whereas I change into 3rd for that bend).

Crank up the sound and enjoy.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Great footage! Curious about the smoking off the corner though.. Seems to have cleared up in later laps..

Randy, the car is set up very carefully for single driver on track, and the early footage was when Martin was being taken round as a passenger by Mike Wilds, subsequently the rear outside tyre was rubbing the wheel arch, not enough to do any damage, but looked dramatic.

MWGT40

Supporter
That's right - its as Frank says, it was only when the car was being pushed hard in tight corners and with a passenger on board which is why you only saw it for a couple of the laps on one particular corner. That having been said, longer springs are currently being fitted at the back to stop this happening in future.

wonderful video Martin,is impressive to see the 40 running that way in a speed temple as Silverstone is.
The driving guy is surely a cool one, think this can be one of the greatest commercials for the gt40s.
There is really few to add such power demostration.
In every clip of this video,when the gt40 appears,seems time is stopping and all returns at the 60s.
Only the speed is always the same:)
The following Viper is cool too, but..u know for me its a modern one.

Thank u for sharing

MWGT40

Supporter
Glad you enjoyed it chaps (and again credit goes to Paul Thompson for the footage). I hope to post more of 6GTD as and when I do various competitive events this season.

Cheers, Martin

Attachments

• removable%20wheel%201.jpg
    removable%20wheel%201.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 455

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
The 40 has one of the greatest sounds in motor racing. Good noontime inspiration. Now, it's back to work! Send more footage when you have it.

Thanks,
Steve

Back