6-speed Zf 5DS25

Thank you all, I have been quite busy these days but I had some searching around and the Peugeot coupe seems quite good for my front axle... I'm still deciding on what to do for the rear (thank you Michel!)
WRT the gearbox I have finally found another italian supplier that can modify a Quaife.
Anyway I'll be again in touch with Quaife to have updates about both gearbox.
I'll keep you updated ;) ;) ;)

I know the Holinger in Melbourne had 2 ZF boxes in there that they were re-building for a well known local customer. They were waiting on some parts to arrive / be finished before re assembly could begin. they were also in the process of rebuilding a bunch of gearboxes for historic Group A cars as well. So they may be able top help on the gear box front.

as for the brakes, i think the Lola T70 also used very similar units.

Just few update of my wip.
I finally aborted the rbt option and decided to start with the Quaife QBE62G.. few days ago I finally requested a quote to Quaife and unfortunately (or da I have to say "fortunately") they told me the gearbox has been retired from the market due to a technical review. It would be ready not earlier than 1 year. Obvioulsy they told me not the reason.
Anyway I decided to start again with a ZF. Maybe I have found a Pantera gearbox.
Does anybody can tell me where can I find different gear ratios?
Furthermore, which modifications do I have to apply to rotate the gearbox? (i.e I need an inverted diffs).
WRT the differental : do I just have to assembly the differential rotated or do I need a different one?
Where can I find spare parts? (in europe if possible ;-) )
Thanks to all of you

The RBT 6 speed, is the same gearbox that is used in the Saleen S7..
It offers wider gears, a hand cuff between 1/2 and the remainder of the gearbox.
It is 50 mm longer that a 5DS26.
And is called a RBT 6..

It was also installed in the Shelby Series 1 car..

We have parts to build them..
But have a limited number of ring and pinion ratios at this time..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201208-105255_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20201208-105255_Video Player.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 231
Back