917 Del Mar, CA

Saw this beautiful 917 replica yesterday at the Goodguys Del Mar, CA show.

Attachments

• 917 GG.JPG
    917 GG.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 261

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
More pics please!
Not a fan of the headlights, but can look past that…

What going on with those fuel hard lines over the right rear fender liner and the regulator (?) right on the rear corner? in any sort of rear end accident those are very exposed to damage.

What going on with those fuel hard lines over the right rear fender liner and the regulator (?) right on the rear corner? in any sort of rear end accident those are very exposed to damage.

safety and 917 do not go together.

In mine the fuel tank is about 1/8'' infront of the crank pulley, with the waterneck actually sitting inside the fuel tank (there's a nook carved out in the fuel tank for it to sit inside)

in the vent of any rear-end accident my engine is going inside my fuel tank (which is literally 1'' away from my seat, so it will be going in to me also)

Glenn M

Supporter

Are they not fire extinguisher lines?

I don't know, but it looks like it's mounted at a high point. Could it be a vent?

safety and 917 do not go together.

LOL....
No truer words.
And yes, those are high pressure fuel injection lines running on top of that fender liner. Not the best place - would be a huge understatement!

Cool build, would love to get more information on this. I'd be interested in seeing how he is ducting air to the radiators.

Last edited:
Back