A New project

After many years of restoring old TR cars, I am to begin to put together the GT40 pieces of Kit that my son has collected over the past 4 years.
He now lives abroad and cannot start the build, so its down to me.

Is there a book available that I could buy to give an overview of the basic construction, i.e., is the body bolted or bonded to the chassis?

We have a fibreglass body, 2 roof sections, a bonnet Mould for making the bonnet, Ford (Granada?) suspension, porsche gearbox and some quality brakes and wheels, and 2 carbon seats that apparently are very good.

I did visit the manchester show and stopped briefly at the GT40 Stand but only to try and sell what we had, a change of direction now, and I wish I had paid more attention to the cars on display.

Am in Stockport, on [email protected]

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Pete,

Welcome to GT40s.com! :thumbsup:

It sounds like quite a project you are undertaking.

Please feel free to start your own build log here and take advantage of the many learnings that others have had in the construction of their cars.

GT40 Build Logs - GT40s.com

The threads in the Build Logs will most certainly provide the vast majority of answers you will be seeking. If not, please just ask and you'll find that many would love to assist..

Your best resource is the GT40 Enthusiast's Club. Check out their section here on the forum and get in contact with members in your area. I think you will find them very helpful.

Back