Accelerator Cable GTD

Paul Williams

Supporter
Hi guys can anyone send me a link to get a new accelerator cable for my 1991 GTD I'm in the UK have attached a couple of pics
Cheers Paul

Attachments

• 20230128_122248.jpg
    20230128_122248.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20230128_122227.jpg
    20230128_122227.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 123

Mike Pass

Supporter
I got mine from Venhill cables.
I keep a spare inner cable in the car so it can be fed through if one snaps. Also keep several spare solderless nipples in the car as the soldered ones can sometimes pull off.
Cheers
Mike

Paul Williams

Supporter
I keep a spare inner cable in the car so it can be fed through if one snaps. Also keep several spare solderless nipples in the car as the soldered ones can sometimes pull off.
Cheers
Mike
Thanks Mike
Cheers
Mike
Thanks Mike

Malcolm

Supporter
A common solution is to use a supplier that will make you a cable to order. These are the beefier kind as referred to above and often used in commercial vehicles. The advantages are that you can also get very good heat sleeving fitted and also choose whatever ends you want. A common route for the throttle cable on the GTD is up past the exhaust at the rear of the engine which cooks the cable. I ran mine up the front of the engine and I use rose joints on each end. Been faultless ever since.

Back