Ace Cafe Visit - Sunday Evening 9th August

Here's something for all Londoners.
The infamous Ace Cafe, on the old North Circular at Stonebridge Park, has invited us from 1930 (7.30pm) on Sunday evening, 9th August.
Those of us who misspent their youth on motor bikes will remember the Ace as a place for bikers and burn-ups on the North Circular in the 1960s. Well, now it's a cool place for cars as well, and quite a bit of the Fifth Gear editorial stuff has been filmed there recently.
We have at least 6 GT40s and Ford GTs coming, so come along and see what it's about. You don't necessarily need to bring a '40 and you don't need to be a Club member. Drape jackets and brothel creepers optional (though not to drive a GT40 in!).
For a map, click here and for more about the Cafe, click here.
The weather forecast for Sunday evening is fair and the North Circular should be reasonably quiet on a Sunday evening - it's only ½ mile from Hanger Lane.
See you there and post here if you plan on coming.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
For those that don't know London and the a406 Norfcircler, aim for the Hanger Lane Gyratory (It's a square roundabout ) and leave in the direction A406 East. Try to be in the left lane as you leave the gyratory onto the a406 and exit the 406 immediately to the left or if you get baulked , fear not as the next exit is just as good. The first exit brings you onto a parallel road and you go under a railway bridge and a viaduct (about 800 yds apart), over a set of traffic lights and the Ace is on your left. If you take the second left, you will have gone under the same bridge and viaduct but you should be exiting (Park Royal)after you go under the second (viaduct). This is an 'off ramp' and you turn left then right and the Ace is on your left. The Park Royal exit ' bridge' is the best place for getting back on the Norfcircler at home time.
Enjoy.

ps: I'm not a Londoner.

Last edited:
Eleanor and myself are coming unfornately not in a forty. But I will bring the Ebook that Claude sent me about his P1016 MKII. I have sent him a thank you letter.
Have a safe journey see you there.
Paul just a reminder about my monopod clip. Thanks for finding it. I look forward to reuniting it with the monopod.
Regards Allan

Eleanor and myself are coming unfornately not in a forty. But I will bring the Ebook that Claude sent me about his P1016 MKII. I have sent him a thank you letter.
Have a safe journey see you there.
Paul just a reminder about my monopod clip. Thanks for finding it. I look forward to reuniting it with the monopod.
Regards Allan

Hi Allan,
I had not forgotten, your clip is ready to be transported to the ACE on Sunday. I look forward to seeing the Ebook. See you there.
Cheers
Paul

Claire and I will be there, inlaws live in Uxbridge so we can drop the kids there for the evening. worked out nice

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Geoff - it's a function of how busy it is. When it is nice weather and wall-to-wall bikes, it can be frantic and it pays to think ahead
Dave

:thumbsup:A good turn out at the Ace this evening. The weather behaved, even Bob came down from Leicester! 1 new member and even a new Ford GT!
Well done to all who turned up, it gave the bike guys quite an interesting evening.
Here are a few photos:

Attachments

• Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (5) Web.jpg
    Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (5) Web.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (11) Web.jpg
    Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (11) Web.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (14) Web.jpg
    Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (14) Web.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (18) Web.jpg
    Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (18) Web.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 262
  • Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (20) Web.jpg
    Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (20) Web.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (27) Web.jpg
    Ace Cafe Aug 2009 (27) Web.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 251
Yep - looked a good line-up there and I saw lots of cameras clicking away all the time.

We had a fun run there and back on the 1400 although Helen commented about it being a bit chilly on the way home though at XXX speeds :thumbsup:

Nice line-up.

Attachments

• ACE40s DSCN1831.jpg
    ACE40s DSCN1831.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 249

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Guys - it was all organised by Tony.

I called in there today for a cool drink and squint at the crumpet (some even on a Tuesday ) and a couple of retired guys riding their Harleys made some nice comments about the cars. Thanks Tony.

Back