All about the RCR LMP1...

Dont be sensitive... it's all in good fun :)

Wanna wear chrome cowboy boots while driving your LMP1 on the street go for it... but... we reserve the right to laugh at your ass... regardless of gender.

Fran... we need an update here to get this thread back on track. Got anything for us?

coming along very well....some really nice tweeks along the way.

New uprights and suspension giving really nice results...

Have some great things to play with this race season

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the final product and am hoping to make a visit later this year to see everything in person.

-Forrest

Hi
Does anybody have a dimension from the bell housing face to the axle of the completed Corvette transaxle when it's all together?
Cheers
Greg Hede
Australia

Hi Fran... any new pics?

Also... when do you think the first one will roll out of your shop? I am planning on a March 1 delivery (or so) for my LMP1... is that realistic?

Thanx.

KV

Hey Kevin,

We have yours and ours being bolted together right now....

I would love you to come by in Feb. to check them out....they are bad a**

I am holding back on pics for a little while as I am having too much fun building them....I will send you some privately later..

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Re: "I am holding back on pics for a little while as I am having too much fun building them....I will send you some privately later.. "

You tease and torture us without mercy!

'The majority of classes from both the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series and the ALMS will be retained with the exception of the ALMS’ LMP1 class.' from race car engineering.

sounds like they are doing away with the lmp1 class for '14 & '15.

What we are building is not to run with ALMS/Grand am...its aimed at the guys that want to run in SCCA/NASA/NARRA .....either racing or track days...

The cost to run with LMP1 in pro racing would make ones toes curl

Hey Kevin,

We have yours and ours being bolted together right now....

I would love you to come by in Feb. to check them out....they are bad a**

I am holding back on pics for a little while as I am having too much fun building them....I will send you some privately later..

Sounds awesome!

I have been and will continue to be swamped at work until late March... but I am going to do everything I can to fly in and... see the LMP1, meet you and get in a shop tour prior to the car shipping.

Thanx much!

KV

I didn't see anyone talking about using a northstar motor in this thread, would that be a viable option? I know there was a company that specialized in building these motors. I guess the biggest issue would be adapting it to a transmission and setting it up for longitude mount?

Back