All about the RCR LMP1...

2000lbs is the target weight

that might be tough. i was looking for weights of the race cars and one was listing at 1984#, with extensive use of carbon fiber.

is there a carbon ceramic disc brake setup that is going to be available? that would probably be worth 40#'s, plus rotating weight. maybe your gm man could come up with something.

Just wait and see....thats my target...we all have to have goals.

If it comes in at 2100lbs I wont care...its still the lightest LMP1 V8 powered car you can buy for $44k....oh wait ...its the only one.....

that might be tough. i was looking for weights of the race cars and one was listing at 1984#

That would make sense since LMP900 = 900kg = 1984lb.

I'm so glad I saw these cars run live a few times! Oh, and the Panoz P1 too, BMW LMR, Sintura, and on and on. I would love to hear the Judd V-10 in anger again.

Our chosen colour for the shop LMP

Attachments

• 314.jpeg
    314.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 799
Thanks Tom,

we were on the ALMS Robertson GT's the whole time they were racing...one of my proudest moment was when they stood on the podium at Le Mans and my little kit car company made many parts on the car that made it the distance...

The last two seasons, you were running a howitzer in a gun fight. You've just gone nuclear with the LMP. Poor bastards.

That would make sense since LMP900 = 900kg = 1984lb.

I'm so glad I saw these cars run live a few times! Oh, and the Panoz P1 too, BMW LMR, Sintura, and on and on. I would love to hear the Judd V-10 in anger again.

I saw them run at Sears at let me tell you the Prototype BMW 12 cylinder was the loudest road race car I have ever heard in person. I could not hold my ears closed with my hands sufficiently to void the piercing sounds it made.

I saw them run at Sears at let me tell you the Prototype BMW 12 cylinder was the loudest road race car I have ever heard in person. I could not hold my ears closed with my hands sufficiently to void the piercing sounds it made.

I think for me it's a tie between Ferrari 333SP and Judd V-10.

Fran has been holding out on us again, see spy shot of preseason testing.....

Attachments

• 5459.jpg
    5459.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 963
different rules...the current NASA/SCCA rules requires that the roll hoop support be no lower than 6 inches from the top of the roll hoop structure...forward or rearward legs are permitted...there is no way to package rearward legs and to be honest the forward legs offer much more safety to the driver in the event of a rollover for a frontal/side impact.

A current LMP1 open top car would not meet NASA/SCCA rules if the letter of the rules were followed....believe it or not.

As we are bringing a new product out to play we have to make sure that we meet/excede all rule requirements for the market in which we want to race and eventually sell into..

Interestingly Jim Downard, inventor of the Hans device added forward bars to one of his race cars last year and promptly crashed at high speed and the only thing that saved him from fatal harm were the recently added forward hoop supports...lucky Jim..

Attachments

• R&S-SK3.jpg
    R&S-SK3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 98851.jpg
    98851.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 562
  • 118880.jpg
    118880.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 558
  • experience.jpg
    experience.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 519
  • left_front.jpg
    left_front.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
That has been a concern of mine too running an open cockpit car on track days with full weight street cars. I'm falling more and more for the Le Mans as a compromise of a streetable LMP "feel" car. Could something similar be added to the Le Mans do you think without disturbing the look terribly? Yes, I know you I could go buy some DOM and weld in anything I want. But you obviously have a good eye and have the roadster to look at.

Thoughts? Maybe something sleeved and bolt in/out style?

Someone in our club has just started an SLC to run at Putnam Park, IN.

We have already done a Le Mans track car but the cage structure is not something that you could bolt in and out at will....real safety requires lots of well designed roll structures and in cars as quick as these ....thats not a compromise I would want with an open top car.

Ya, looks wise, I'm not a big fan of the side bars... but if thats what it takes to be compliant & safe... thats what it takes.

It's a bit of a shame as I am gonna run my RCR LMP at Spring Mountain where NASA/SCCA rules dont apply... but for the sake of safety and potential re-sale... I can live with them.

Back