Amelia Island 2013

My pleasure. You certainly made his day. Also, enjoyed meeting you early Saturday morning in front of the Ritz. Your thoughts on the new "green" super cars was enlightening and certainly made sense. Enjoy your cars..... J 6 looked great.

Another GT40 fan joins the ranks. Very nice of you Jim. Like the way you introduced Jimmy and I to Lee Holman as owners of "GT40s". We got a charge out of that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 310
I believe this is Kim Peterson's car. This was taken Saturday at the pre-concours car show. Very nicely done SPF

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 336

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor
The real thing

Hi Eric:

Thanks for the kind remarks and the photo of our car – Pathfinder GT40P/2191 – at Amelia Island. We were honored that it was the only non-vintage GT40 invited by the organizers to display on Saturday. (By the way, 2191 is actually owned by our company and is not my brother's personal car.)

Like all of our cars, there are a lot of tweaks and changes from a standard SPF. What seemed to generate a lot of interest was the interior which fools a lot of folks who believe it be an original '60's car:

100_5305_zpsa97c0f39.jpg

By the way, it struck us as funny to see your follow-up photo of P/1036, an original Mk. I used by Shell in one of their advertising campaigns. It happens that Pathfinder's prototype for the GT40R (the 'R' being a racing version of the SPF that we developed with Hi-Tech and Superformance) was patterned after none other than P/1036 and became continuation chassis no. P/2192!

While 2192 didn't have a number of the features that would become standard in our later 'R' cars (e.g., roll cage, right-hand steering, vintage interior, original-style seats, FIA-type engines, etc.), it nevertheless was a great car. With an all-aluminium 427 engine, it generated over 620 hp and was frequently seen at venues like Sebring. Here are some photos of Pathfinder's version of P/1036:

GT40P_2192atRoadAtlanta_zps19c8dd35.jpg

Pathfinder GT40P/2192 at Road Atlanta

100_2357_zps7059f6eb.jpg

P/2192's interior showing early-model customized seats, replacement console, special shift base, even a built-in Valentine radar detector. Pathfinder 'R' models now have very different interiors (see P/2090 above) and come standard with right-hand steering, with left-hand as a no-cost option

100_19371_zps7a79666b.jpg

Pathfinder's P/2192 'R' prototype and the first production GT40R - P/2090 - behind an awesome Mclaren M8. P/2090 is now racing in Japan.

100_1917_zps8771699d.jpg

What every GT40 driver figures to be the price of ownership

Thanks again for your posts!

Great video. Sadly, your young co-driver told me you got the car slightly side ways when leaving the stand but it wasn't captured on the video. Did hear the ooh's and ahh's from the spectactors though. Very Nice move!

Gentlemen,
I would really appreciate it if you could post any photos you took of 1075
I am looking for detail photos inside the cockpit, and inside the front and rear clips.
any help would be much appreciated , as I am hoping to replicate the 1968 winning 1075, when I finally finish my car next year.

best regards
Alistair nuttall

Back