Any plans for a updated body on the SLC?

The P4 has gorgeous body lines! IMHO its probably one of the top 10 best looking cars in history.

I first visited RCR with the intent of building a P4, but then I saw the SLC. By the time I left RCR that afternoon, I was a SLC convert.

The P4 has gorgeous body lines! IMHO its probably one of the top 10 best looking cars in history.

I first visited RCR with the intent of building a P4, but then I saw the SLC. By the time I left RCR that afternoon, I was a SLC convert.
The P4 is definitely beautiful! The car that Fran was talking about (P4/5) is just a bit different than the P4 though... :thumbsup:
Ferrari_P45_front_right.jpg

The P4 is definitely beautiful! The car that Fran was talking about (P4/5) is just a bit different than the P4 though... :thumbsup:
Ferrari_P45_front_right.jpg

I personally feel the original P4 is the better version than the "updated" version. Sometimes "updating" a design results in less beautiful car.

The F50 is awful, one of the worst looking Ferraris since, well....maybe ever.
Fave Ferrari? The 288 GTO, the new clay model F in the 'next car' thread is pretty sweet.

Too much fur Fran? Get back to the full body shave :p

Wow those LeMans photos are looking good. I was almost going to be at Charlotte show that weekend for business. Will miss it by a few weeks unfortunately, look forward to the pictures.

Last edited:
Things I would like to see, option for a louver or snorkel for the front deck to help with exhausting the hot air, a rear shaker style cold air box / scoop at the back deck rear of the window. louvered side vents at each side of the rear window again to help with cooling, better inner headlight mounting system and lastly bigger seats even though Fran reworked them they still need have one bigger yet, then I it would be even more awesome.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I agree with Fran. He can't possibly make the base design fit everybody's personal tweaked idea. But that's the real beauty of the car. It is really easy to change. It's just fiberglass. You can always have at it with a sawsall, some fiberglass material and some vision.

Hack away! Make it your own.

I agree with Fran. He can't possibly make the base design fit everybody's personal tweaked idea. But that's the real beauty of the car. It is really easy to change. It's just fiberglass. You can always have at it with a sawsall, some fiberglass material and some vision.

Hack away! Make it your own.
Howard (Mesa II) has hit it on the head. Do what you will to make it "yours". Thank you Howard for giving me some great idea's too!

Howard (Mesa II) has hit it on the head. Do what you will to make it "yours". Thank you Howard for giving me some great idea's too!

No, that's "too many" hits to the head :) All us ex-motorcycle racers ''suffer'' the same. Fran, Jack, Howard....none of us are quite right in the head :shrug:

Now...gentlemen, start your sawzalls !!!

Very nice! I love the lemans body. I had no clue this was available as an option. Do the windows function up and down?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
What would also rock, is something like the new Davidson Racing 18 car:

I'm faaaaaar from being an aero engineer/expert, but, my instinct tells me the aero on this car leaves something to be desired when compared to a 'stock' SL-C.

I would imagine the Davidson Team has wind tunnel test results that prove me wrong (after all, why would they change the aero on their car for the worse?), but there's just something about it that doesn't look 'right' to me...

We ran thousands of connotations in CFD with the SLC and our aero packaging.

The stock SLC is a very slippery package as designed, our full race aero package gives us well over 1000lbs of downforce at 100mph , this is obviously significant and the feedback I have had from every driver pro and semi pro that has driven the 01 car is that "this is how an aero car should feel"...not bad for a car you can buy in pieces and assemble in your garage...

We ran thousands of connotations in CFD with the SLC and our aero packaging.

The stock SLC is a very slippery package as designed, our full race aero package gives us well over 1000lbs of downforce at 100mph , this is obviously significant and the feedback I have had from every driver pro and semi pro that has driven the 01 car is that "this is how an aero car should feel"...not bad for a car you can buy in pieces and assemble in your garage...

Fran - do you guys know what the downforce on the "stock" street body/car is?

I am sure its hidden in my data pile somewhere Mike....
it depends on racetail, street tail, which front splitter, fender louvres, which mirrors ...lots of variables.

CFD/Aero development takes a ton of time and requires incredible attention to detail . What we start with is looking for trends in aero improvement or degradation and then we refine each and every element. Each time we make a change there is a whole knock on effect for the rest of the car, we then start the process over and over again.....

Last edited:
Back