Any thoughts on this body?

This has been on and off of eBay for months.

It’s pretty cheap, $1,200.

I have three questions:

1) it says it doesn’t have “inner fenders”, not sure what’s involved in making or finding inner fenders somewhere to buy?
2) did front clips have inner fenders?
3) does this look like its worth it?

The listing doesn’t give much info.

One picture and a one sentence explanation saying that it doesn’t have inner fenders.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 2C2574B5-D4C9-4B41-B263-E95A1595E8D3.png
    2C2574B5-D4C9-4B41-B263-E95A1595E8D3.png
    4 MB · Views: 397
Appears to be MKII front and rear clips, you will need doors, spyder, and front radiator duct/spare tyre cover as well as inner guards and other ducting, be good basis for a roadster project if you have talents to make rest of bits..

I have the chassis and spider and I’m building a MKII.

Question is do most front clips have inner fenders? This one does not.

Last edited:
Yes
Behind the lights.
You can see right through this one.
Ian
Ian is right, the one's I've seen (including mine) have an inner fender plate behind the headlights to protect and seal the lights. There's an oval or kidney shaped access plate with weatherseal that is removed to gain access to the electricals, and headlight mounting. Without it you'll probably swamp your headlight covers with moisture and road grime from the back side...

The rear clip appears to have the inner structure missing. Body could be warped depending on how it was stored...might be worth it for $1200 but will take a fair amount of work to get them ready, IMO.

Attachments

• 2C2574B5-D4C9-4B41-B263-E95A1595E8D3.jpg
    2C2574B5-D4C9-4B41-B263-E95A1595E8D3.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 363

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I just tried to purchase a set of seat backs from this seller. Seller cancelled the transaction refusing to honor the shipping charges quoted in the advert.

FWIW, looking at the other items for sale from that seller, he/she used a different rear clip and is selling another front clip.

I just tried to purchase a set of seat backs from this seller. Seller cancelled the transaction refusing to honor the shipping charges quoted in the advert.

FWIW, looking at the other items for sale from that seller, he/she used a different rear clip and is selling another front clip.
Yeah, probably best to stay away,

Thanks

Back