Any Use For This?

Hey Fran, and others. I posted this in the drivetrain section but thought maybe I would call attention to it here also as you may have more of a need than others.

No I am not a vendor here, so the details I can offer are understandably limited, but I have developed a stub axle that converts a Corvette hub, I am currently using SKF 5049s, to a Porsche 930 CV joint flange. This allows use of standard 28 spline axles at any length that is currently available as "standard".

What I am looking for is if there is any market here for this part. It is a rather expensive piece that I have developed for my racing endeavors. It is 300M and I believe it to be FAR from the weakest link in the drivetrain.

Anyway, I won't discuss where to get it or how much it costs, either on this board or in a PM, since I'm not a vendor, but if this is something you could use or sounds interesting, reply here so I can get a feel as to whether it would be worth it to me to become a vendor.

Here's a pic of the parts.

Thanks in advance for any questions or comments.

Attachments

• GTM 31 SPL 2 R.jpg
    GTM 31 SPL 2 R.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 208
I guess I should also add- do any of the kits on this forum use a Corvette upright/hub for suspension pieces?

No they dont...sorry no Vette uprights either....we use a GM bearing but not a C5

We already make a similar part that is used on all the RCR models...it uses a roll formed spline and thread and is also chromoly...we have never broken one either.

Are you using the 33 spline ZR1? Probably going to migrate over to those hubs, but we have quite a few of the 5049s in stock now and are going to be using those for at least the next year or so. Anyway, if you are using the ZR1s, are they as durable as SKF claims they are?

Back