Anyone got an RCR SL-C race car?

Ketil,

I am working on a spec engine package now...met with one engine builder yesterday and meeting with another on Friday
the engine will be LS3 based and will run a full season with little to no maintenace...have a mid level RPM redline...7800-8000 and the target power is 500hp

Transaxle TBD but Mendeola seq. if the price is right...

The car will not be delivered with these components but can be spec'ed as such if a turnkey track package is desired.

This is a winner of a idea. DO IT!

Mesa asked: "What did you spend for a race season?" I just did my spread sheet for taxes and this is how it pans out.

2009 GTM: ran 30 races 52K SCCA, NASA, WERC, 26 hours of green flag)
25 hour race 21k
2010 ran 7 races 18k (25 hours of green flag racing)
1 race was 2 states away
25 hour race 18,600. led the overall 2 different times.

2 years of racing cost me 10k for all this FUN!

These figures include transporter, motel, food, entry, maintenance,fuel, insurance, uniforms, spares.

I hope this gives everyone a more perspective of how little I spend for a TOP FLIGHT race car .

For those that are wondering about the repair cost to the gTM after a Miata hit us Flat out! We are almost done with the repairs: Chassis repair, 17.00. Body and paint 90.00 (same house paint left over from 25). Ran 1/2 mile around track not knowing the oil cooler was ripped off the side of the car: Rod bearings and crank polishing, 23.00. Gearbox survived (Mendeola), new oil, 60.00, Fuel tank filler hose, 18.00, New wing and mount, 46.00. 1 gallon of Simple green to clean parts, 14.00.

Total repairs $268.00 (labor was performed by all volunteers):thumbsup:

Major

Back