Audi Transaxel ?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I suppose you could. Leave the rear drive stub. Just make sure the seal is in good condition or you'll have a leak. You could put a propeller on the rear drive...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

There are a ton of FWD boxes. I'd suggest you keep looking...

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Jay ,

There is a large extension that protrudes rearwards and would not allow the box to fit in. This can be removed and the rear aluminium casing replaced with a non 4WD casing. The cost is prohibitive.

The new SIX SPEED is the way to go, great ratios and strong.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert, after talking with you and my P-A dealer I am thinking more to the 6-speed. Send information.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Jay,

I have the first 6 speed in my shop. The adaptor plate we use on our 5 speed fits and the starter will remain the same. The nose of the input shaft is further into the bellhousing and the diameter and number of splines are different from the 5 speed to 6 speed (bummer - the 4 leaf clover has deserted me for this one anyway !!!).

The overall size is comperable but the shape is better for strength.

Our conversion will fit directly into your car , pick up on your gearbox mounts and we will include all the parts that are different to the parts you have at NO cost on EXCHANGE. I mean such things as the gearchange, mounts etc. etc.

Gordon is trying to price and get availability of the boxes in the US but I can get them in Europe. Hopefully he can source them at a good price in the US.

As soon as the pricing and the conversion is completed I will post and I hope to complete this work in the next few months. This time of year is very busy with F1 and the rest of the racing going on.

Keep up the good work on the car,

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert,
Hurry hurry! I'm not far away from putting a tranny in. Anyone want a refreshed 5n box?

John, How much are you asking for the 5N? Also, what year & model Audi does the 5N come in?
I went to a salvage yard and asked what Audi trans they had and here's what they had; EDF, EMF, DPT, EKD, EKX, DPS, EKC, & ECF. What do these mean? They didn't know.
confused.gif

Back