Audi transaxle information

I have included as an attachment to this post a zipped file that contains two Excel spreadsheets.

The file 01E Transmission Data.xls contains all the information I could glean from the Audi parts database as to what NON-QUATTRO 01E 6-speed transmission codes were used in various year and model Audi cars. Note that 01E 5-speeds were also made but they are not included in this spreadsheet. It also includes part numbers, gear ratios, and information comparing 2WD and AWD transmissions (very preliminary). I believe the information is correct but use it at your own risk.

The other spreadsheet, AUdiTransV3.xls, is an updated version of a spreadsheet that was originally developed by Neal, I believe. I have modified it to include ratios of the 2WD 01E boxes. Also note that a previous version of this which was posted on my web site had some errors which are fixed in this version.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 28811-Audi transaxle ratios.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 844
I have renamed AudiTransV3.xls as Audi Transaxle Ratios V4.xls and added some more ratios for 2WD 016 transaxles to this spreadsheet. See attached.

Attachments

• 29524-Audi Transaxle Ratios V4.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 554
Hi All
Have just received more info on 016 ratios from Audi and thought I would share the info. I have updated the spread sheet above and removed the ratios for the 013 and 093 boxes.
Hope it helps

Clayton

Attachments

• 31544-Audi transaxle ratios V5.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 625
Hello Mark Worthington!

Many thanks fore all the great info in your spreadsheets.

I remember reading one of your posts in which you mention an O1E gearbox from a VW
Passat.

Are you able to tell me which model VW Passat?

Roger Norris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have a CAV with an Audi 5 speed transmission/transaxle. how do I interpret the numbers stamped on it in terms of gear ratios replacement parts etc. Thanks jerry

The 3-letter code stamped on the top of the bellhousing
should be on Mark's spreadsheat...that provides the ratios.
German Transaxle of America is one of many that sells
replacement parts....I suspect there is a lot of commonality
among all the 016 transmissions.

MikeD

Back