audi V10 into a slc

I looked at that option quite a bit, lots of guys doing tesla conversions these days, there is a shop in California that sells the entire powertrain package, it is helpful to look at their setup and the battery packs they use depending on your focus i.e performance vs distance, another advantage is that you can place some of the battery packs upfront and achieve close to a 50/50 balance, will be very interesting following your progress, please keep us posted and good luck .
thanks hector! i spend the last month to find all matching parts. StealthEV in california will supply the motor, the batteries, charger and dc dc converter. i found the AC compressor and also power brake from tesla model S (works on 12V). i will however set all batt in the gas tank and engine compartment. There is a lot of room there and i need some weight at the back to ensure proper traction casue i m going for the p100D ludicrous motor (647hp/650 lbs-ft). i will eventually relocate the ac compressor in the front (to run shorter ac lines) but its only 8 kgs. i m currently waiting for the customs authorization to import (cause i live in qatar and they make it difficult here). i will update it as soon as i have news

You will fit 12 of the recommended lg chem batteries in the engine compartment with no issues, you can fit 6-8 in gas tank area, and 6 in the motor bay and really have a balanced lay out. It will have a lower center of mass that a ls. The Tesla drive is about 100 pounds heavier than a graz. You will need to run the drive w/o the inverter to make it fit w/o frame modifications. Inverters fit nicely in the rear air intake bays.

A 12 battery single large drive setup will be about 1-200 pounds less weight than a NA LS/graz combo.

Bob

thanks hector! i spend the last month to find all matching parts. StealthEV in california will supply the motor, the batteries, charger and dc dc converter. i found the AC compressor and also power brake from tesla model S (works on 12V). i will however set all batt in the gas tank and engine compartment. There is a lot of room there and i need some weight at the back to ensure proper traction casue i m going for the p100D ludicrous motor (647hp/650 lbs-ft). i will eventually relocate the ac compressor in the front (to run shorter ac lines) but its only 8 kgs. i m currently waiting for the customs authorization to import (cause i live in qatar and they make it difficult here). i will update it as soon as i have news
Awesome, yes I talked to those guys at Stealth EV , seemed competent and helpful. I did not look at the details of the motor and the drive for fitment, I was afraid there would be issues with the inverter like Bob said but did not make it that far. Please send some pictures when you get all the parts. Very cool project, it should be a beast.

I have a different approach: i will use 16 tesla batteries modules to reach 400V and it fit nicely at the back. the tesla motor doesn t need any modifications as it fit perfectly in the slc without chassis modifications (Fran confirmed to me with CAD mode) and without flipping the motor so i can run it with the existing integrated oil pump. By using tesla batt i can built up easily the cooling system (batt + motor). I made some computations and the car will end up sligthly heavier than a ''normal'' slc (graz+ls3). this will be compensated by the huge torque and the abscence of gearbox. i expect it to run 0-60 below 3'' and a decent range. I know lg chem have a better discharge but also less range. The 'cons' for the lg chem batt is the cooling (and remenber i live in qatar: currently it s 116F here). But please if i made a mistake by choosing tesla batts just let me know. I m definitely aware for a change as nothing as been ordered yet. thank you

Back