Australian Grand Prix 2005

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
It looks like we may have a few starters (myself & Hershal included) for the AGP in Melbourne next March - when I say "starters", I mean spectators, not competitors (we wish) !!

I thought it might be worth kicking off a new thread to cover this - at first we can just check who is going & keep tabs on the program, then as things get closer, we can arrange to meet up & have some fun (like organising teams to populate Robert Logan's & Peter Ransom's "hospitality tents" - hint, hint !!!).

Any other potential starters out there ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Peter, Count me in !! It will be great to catch up with you
Guys. Seeing it is Roberts home town I bet he will have a hospitality tent..(Double hint) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Given that my office is one block away from the entrance, my changes of keeping away are zilch! Listening to those cars screaming around the track during Thursday practice does nothing to help my concentration /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It should be a pretty big weekend since it'll be Mark Webber's debut in a Williams.

That sounds like a great idea. I haven't been since 2000. If Robert has my car (RF#95) done by then (he's promised it for December) i'll be in for sure.
Have to get "Senate" approval first of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
It would be great to put some faces to all the names.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I'll be there as it is always a great 4 days. I like the idea of Robert providing a tent for the forum members....
Would be great to put some faces to the names.

Regards

Bill.

No Pat. We don't drink it here. We package all the s*&t beer in Fosters cans and sent it OS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If you do get to Aus. try some of the good local beers. Especially those fron Tasmania. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Norman,
I will know in the next 4-5 weeks if Renault will have a budget for the 'flyaways' so I may be coming down to make a GPS survey of the track well ahead of the event. I also need to pick people's brains about where to site a radar system (tall-ish building?) within shouting distance of the track. Lastly does cell phone GPRS feature in Australia?
Dave M
ps. Even if the budget isn't forthcoming I will probably still come down for the festivities anyway. Anybody got a garden hammock to rent? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi David. GPRS is in Australia and there are many tall buildings around the circuit,so it would be a matter of someone happy to oblige. Let me know if I can be of help. Regards Norman

This is great. It sounds like there will be quite a few
showing up for the GP. Last year Robert's car was in the Tattersalls Tent. The neat thing is between the qualifing races they let all these display cars hit the track. They get up to speed too. I hope Robert can get more than one GT in there so we can all take a ride around the track like last year.
Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
That's not a bad rollup at this stage of the game !

So far, I count the following as starters :

- Peter D.
- Hershal B.
- Robert L. (an assumption, but not a bad one)
- Pete (QLD)
- Dave M.
- Chris L.
- Bill H.
- Norman F.

I'll put the word out to our new ClubGT40 here in Oz - that should gather in a few more.

Robert L. - very quiet so far !! Perhaps you will have a big surprise for us all, like an entry in the Nations Cup (at last) !! Don't worry about the "hospitality tent" issue (sorry about starting that one) - we'll find you, no matter where you are, & we'll bring the grog !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Hey Peter,
I think there will be two more names to add to that list. I'm not at liberty to say who at the present. Robert has authorized me to say that we shall have a grand Calie (Party) at his home with all the GT40s and their owners at his home. The day and time to be announced. He has said that he will have a place for anyone wishing to stay over the night.
I sure hope more can make it and I really hope many of your countryman bring their GT40s to the party.

If anyone has a request for a T-shirt or a hat from the USA please let me know now by e-mail and I will try and bring them when I come. I don't have a lot of room but I'm willing to bring over a few requested items as long as they are small and not take too much room.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
About 2 to 3 weeks after Monza (Mid September) I will be flying out to visit every track that hosts F1 outside of Europe and I hope first to do Melbourne and then Sepang, followed by Indy and Montreal. It now looks as though we are going to be at all of the 19 races next year so I'm going to sit in a dark room for a while.
Dave M /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You can add me to the list Peter,I will be there Wed to Mon. My brother and i are planning to book a "Qantas Advantage" package like we did in 2000. Where are you guys all planning on staying? Can't wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This is getting interesting. Somebody over there is gonna have to take the bull by the horns and orginize this deal.
This will really be something if we all show up at Robert's house for the party .
I think Robert better put in his two cents here so we can figure out the best times to get together. Mainly I want to see all those Aussie GT40's in one spot and meet their owners.
Another thing to consider is the Phillip Island Historics is the week before the F-1. I think me and Robert are going there too.

Back