Avon stops production.

118 years of tyre production has ended ... in the name of mass production and the quest for ever more profit for investors???

I could not refrain from buying a 2nd spare set of CR6-ZZ's for my car today. I don't know of an equal alternative for a street legal race tyre on 15" rims...
Does anyone have any updated information on whether another supplier might resume production, or produce a comparable tire?

/s/ Chris Kennedy

I bought four tires from the UK stockist two weeks ago for the Daytona coupe and he said no news as yet but was expecting an announcement early in the New Year. He also said that they had plenty of stock at the moment
hope this helps

all the best everyone from Mark and Sam

Those prices are inline with what other track tires cost (michelin cup2s) I think. Given the amount of rubber in these tires, its not too bad at all.

From another website:

"Great news I think. Avon Racing Tyres, UK was bought out by a private company, Nova Motorsport, UK that was formed in August 2023 and they likely plan to use molds they must have purchased from Goodyear/Avon/Cooper and plan to manufacture tires that were formerly made by Avon. They developed the name Nova by reversing the letters of the original company's name and added Motorsport. If you go to their website, they just state to stand by and they will have news down the road so to speak. You can leave them your email and be on their mailing list for updates. This is great news for lots of us who really like Avon tires ( and slicks). I use them on my Stalker AXR and the A11 compound works well for me and I plan to get more tires when they start producing them. Thankfully, I was able to obtain some of the last available slicks in the sizes I needed for the Stalker and will be putting the new set on my car likely midway through this next autocross season"

Said they estimate it will take 8 months to get business rolling again.

From another website:

"Great news I think. Avon Racing Tyres, UK was bought out by a private company, Nova Motorsport, UK that was formed in August 2023 and they likely plan to use molds they must have purchased from Goodyear/Avon/Cooper and plan to manufacture tires that were formerly made by Avon. They developed the name Nova by reversing the letters of the original company's name and added Motorsport. If you go to their website, they just state to stand by and they will have news down the road so to speak. You can leave them your email and be on their mailing list for updates. This is great news for lots of us who really like Avon tires ( and slicks). I use them on my Stalker AXR and the A11 compound works well for me and I plan to get more tires when they start producing them. Thankfully, I was able to obtain some of the last available slicks in the sizes I needed for the Stalker and will be putting the new set on my car likely midway through this next autocross season"

Said they estimate it will take 8 months to get business rolling again.
Whoa---let's hope so. Thanks for posting!

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Mike Pass

Supporter
I have just received this email from Nova Motorsport

Good Morning Michael,

I’m responding to your enquiry, about Nova Motorsport.
I confirm that the entire CR6zz range will be included in our continuity range. There is some residual stock, in the short-term, and replacement stock will be manufactured as soon as the tooling can be re-commissioned.
We have a large volume of enquiries that are being processed, as a result of the new website and press releases.
As soon as we are at liberty to engage in detailed discussions, we will post them on our website and social media channels. Until then, I thank you for your interest and I suggest that you monitor the website in the following days for an imminent announcement. https://novamotorsport.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdk7MnOBE0I

Kind regards
[email protected]

Cheers
Mike

Back