Barn Find GT40 Replica

I think would prefer to have a road going car, but I'm open to suggestions at this point in time as I really am at the starting point and so can go either way, track days appeal to me as I have raced in the past! So tell me the plus and minus points either way to help me decide people....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have just been offered the chance to crawl all over the original MkIII at Beaulieu next week. I will be taking a million pictures and measurements to get me started! Also just the chance to sit in a real classic will be amazing!

Graham I have tried to call you a few times. I think we are simply playing telephone tennis. I will try again tonight or if you have a mobile number?

Also Eric, I am having trouble getting in touch with you, could you drop me a line?

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have a idea for your car. Make a drag car out of it. Put in 2 speed gerbox and narrowed live axle ala a dragster. Rebuild the whole rear of the chassis like a rear engine dragster. Then put in a 700hp 351. Some drag slicks and you will have youself the first 9 sec, maybe 8s, GT40.

This idea is not completely a joke, It would be a cool car and not a bad end for a old KVA. Making a drag car out of it will not be much harder that rebuilding the suspension to current state of the art.

Iain,
You have an A1 chassis, it uses the complete front sub frame from a Cortina bolted onto the wierd front chassis T piece. I would think that Cortina sub frames are a bit difficult to find nowdays, except that I have the one I got with my chassis, unused and complete with steering rack and 5stud hubs, OK for a road only car.
If you can arrange collection you can have it gratis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It has had the strengthening mods done and is ready to fit.
I did have a pair of rear trailing arms, but I threw them in the skip last month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dave
P:S Have attached pic of rear of KVA A1 chassis(not mine)

Attachments

• 61989-KVAA1.JPG
    61989-KVAA1.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 600
Back