BB Ford Engines - for another project

I ahve had a car designed and I am about to have the chassis designed. I am looking to use a stroked 9.2 litre V8 big block Ford engine. The prototype will have a refurbished iron block (they are cheaper and easier to source) and looking to get 800bhp. The car will be mid-engined so the weight will be helpful in the middle to keep it on the ground but due to the heights involved I am seriously thinking about a 4 stage dry sump system. Can someone point me in the right direction (websites for systems/mods etc) so I can do this please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Your problem is finding a BB ford that's got 4 bolt mains as I'd say 800 hp is borderline 2 bolt but I build blown BB Chev engines and if I do a Ford I'm a rookie like you. There is an aftermarket 4 bolt fit but what BB Ford were you using?

A 2 bolt iron block will not handle that type of power for very long. You are going to have to get a 4-bolt if you plan on keeping it together.

BB Ford

800 HP is kind of the crossing point for the need for additional support on the main caps for the BBF 385-460 series engines.
I personally think that with a proper tune you will be fine with as little as a good billit main girdle and after market main studs up to 850 Hp.
Ford did use a four bolt block on the Boss, CJ + SCJ engines but they are rare and expensive.A good Dove-A block with Milodon 4 bolt caps is probally better, but at least equal.(Good to 900 HP)
If You can only find DIVE- blocks then use either Blue Thunder or Pro Systems Four bolt Caps.They will need to be machined to fit your production block but are good up to 1000 HP when installed correctly.An additional benefit of these castings is an extra .100 length in the cylinder at the bottom which helps on long stroke applications. Figure on line honing either way.

http://www.460ford.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Here's alink to a BBF build site where there are a number of great builds.
Good luck! Bob

Back