Before its too late

Hi Paolo,
Where have you been ?

ps -I nearly had a Dino when I worked in Jersey. Unusual black with red leather for £6000
in 1980. I had a black MGBGT instead as it was new and half the price.
Oh dear !

changed some bits of my life and discover I like a lot to travel and see places I didnt see in neraly 42 unuseful years. so basically I do the same (modelling stuff, here my fb page : https://www.facebook.com/Love-Gt40-Modelworks-1470217483249344/?fref=ts ) and have some new passions, like sailing indeed.
Still think this forum is my fav one, just sadly I realize down in italy there is no way to have a car like those ones (gt40s replicas). Currently living in sweden, in a sailing paradise but forbidden to cars, so I just took a volvo v70 caue is the only realistic car u can own here :laugh:

ehehe...wonder if today u still own that dino ! they become quite pricey. My biggest car regret was a countach I lost in the late 80s for less than 15.000 euros .... better never look back in times then :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Is that Bolina Livsstilbuttik where you live now? How brilliant is that. Beats the shit out of Milan. Still, I suppose anywhere does.......

I live in Marstrand Dave, it is a Portofino of the north. And I live in the historical center, where me and my wife have a little loft. Cars are parked 1 mile from here. I have to take a ferry to check if it is still worrking (but its a volvo, and they never, never die). My window is pointed N-NW on the north sea, the swedish "bestcoast", and is there during the many storms, where I build up my models. Currently I am digging down in the dark side of alfa romeo plane protypees. A pilot like you may know theme... savoia sm.75 is my baby now (unique model, one off 72th scale ) ,and when I get full of it... I go on with that Lancia ECV2 prototype made in 3d printing I will probably sell during 2016.. :)

...but to impress with my sailing skill I'd better fly very low, cause here there are some kids, named Ian williams, ben Ainslie and platoons of local swede almost impossible to beat (until I hit them with the volvo :D ).
Add to this I am mostly a dinghy sailor, so better dont mess up with north sea and the infinite waterlevel cliffs we have here.

Milano remains a homebase, as well as adriatic coast for me. Italy now is very different and mantain a base down there is vital. Actually I cant stand milano (never did honestly) but is the only italian city really european. and there you can find everything, and I mean everything you need.
It is also still very comfortable to reach many amazing palces I use to impress wife and friends. Tuscany is 3 hours car..portofino (the real one) in 2 hours, the glaicers in the heart of alps are 2 hours, so no needing for days of trip :)

...and you know, italian wines are a needing :) :)..

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Marstrand is pretty. Love Sweden, have spent a lot of time in Stockholm, Karlskrona, Ludvika and Vasteras.

Do you know about POwer Meet in Vasteras?

here Swede are totally mad for cars. I've never seen so many, stunning, and perfectly saved or totally refurbished american cars (it's named raggare https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare ). There is everything and the meetings are always amazing. In sumemrtime there are plenty allover.
Those ones are so amazing that nearly always when owners get tired of theme, they go ultra pricey to USA. name ONE, and they surely have it here,becomes so common that you nearly dont notice theme any longer on the road.
Find tons of spares for the mechanical parts is too easy. If not, they easy rebuild theme. It is the european country where cars are exactly like in america, it simply depends what you need and what do you want to spend in it.

And drive here is like to drive in heaven, specially if you visit the deep north (looks identical to alaska) or Norway. Thats why, also here, there is the dramatic needing of big cruisers eating milions of kilometers in full comfort. Being 10 kmts from Torslanda volvo factory, how could I miss one of their old, rusty swedish steelpart?? :)
IMG_1197.JPG

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I was based in Arlanda for six months and living in central Stockholm in the Kungsgarten area. Most nights when not aviating were spent in Gamlastan with my Finnish cabin crew.
Sure the beer was expensive but I was well paid anyway. Probably one of the best six months ever. Every other week was a 4 days stop over in Madeira. I THINK IWOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN.

Back