Block identification

Hi All,

The seller of this engine is having difficulty finding any casting codes etc.
Does anyone know where they should be on this engine?
9.2 deck SVO block but he’s unsure exactly which one it is.
Thanks

Chris

98169C55-1938-4850-AC7E-D1A16E46562F.jpeg

15DCB3AD-B504-4A95-B99D-8986656938C5.jpeg

15BC7D63-5C4F-4B6C-97EC-9CC3BA29BCA3.jpeg

BBDF62F7-4381-4078-A8DC-9BBC3CE4E2DC.jpeg

Nothing stamped into rear face of block in third pic @ 9 0-clock or in top pic the area just in front of bellhousing bolts and to rear of rear coolant drain?. Pretty sure mate with nascar stuff has two similar engines, are the core plugs hex drive in center?

I’ve asked him to check there also and let me know. I think someone has gone ballistic with paint and covered a lot up at some point.

It is a nascar engine, just am trying to find out the age/type of the block. This one I feel is the G351 non Siamese but I need to be 100% sure.
Have another that is a tricky to find info on, wet sump Siamese M 6015 A351 awaiting date confirmation also.

I’ve asked him to check there also and let me know. I think someone has gone ballistic with paint and covered a lot up at some point.

It is a nascar engine, just am trying to find out the age/type of the block. This one I feel is the G351 non Siamese but I need to be 100% sure.
Have another that is a tricky to find info on, wet sump Siamese M 6015 A351 awaiting date confirmation also.
A-351 was essentially an upgrade/revised 351w SVO, 84 thru 90

I have an A4 block in mine

I tried to get an a4 but the only one I could find was half filled. Would’ve preferred to have stayed 8.2, this stupid dated emissions requirements is a royal pain.

Ideally the a351 is definitely good enough for me, if can get a good deal on it as should prove to be decent. 9.2block is more annoying for sure but it can work fine.

So Jac... what is your dark and hidden motive? we all want to know......

Me Too, although given Chris's attachment above I'm not sure I want to know, us septuagenarian's prefer to keep things simple. The only explanation I can offer as to why my motives might appear dark & hidden is they are so far back in the past they have not invented good light bulbs yet.

I’m disappointed in myself for not even possessing a printed dictionary! Google has changed existence (for the better or worse I’ll leave that open for discussion).

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
As a quinquagenarian all I can offer is this.....

Here is the block code for my engine... and below the bare block upside down with the block number visible on the right. Ask the owner to mask that area and use some paint stripper and then wire brush away to reveal the number. A close up photo of the revealed number and its easy to ID.

Attachments

• mexico engine 002s.jpg
    mexico engine 002s.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 161
  • block.jpg
    block.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 147
Back