"Blue and Orange"

David

Lifetime Supporter
Re: \"Blue and Orange\"

Graham,

Thank you for the advance booking form - goes in the post tomorrow.

David Lowell

Anyone received their Blue and Orange book yet - Is it as good as it sounds?
Am hoping to get mine for my 60th birthday - Still no GT40 yet, but live in hope!

"Blue and Orange" is just out.

The official book launch took place last Thursday in Cheltenham. With special permission from the council we had the 40 and 917 parked parked outside Ottakars bookshop in the main shopping precinct which had a fine entrance and Gulf window display. Had thousands of shoppers intrigued and interested during the day but it was the evening launch proper that was best with past and present Gulf staff,Polygon Promotion, drivers, and of course Michael Cotton,the author, to sign the books. I was given my signed (Ickx-Bell-Cotton) special edition and i can tell you that it a superb piece of motoring journalism full of previously unseen pictures and stories. BBC radio were there and hopefully their microphone listening to the roar of the V8 as well as the interviews came over the airways well.
Buy the book for Christmas. It is a cracker!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Graham @ GTA.

Hi Graham. Still waiting about info for Canada/ Internationl orders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi Graham,
Just what I wanted to hear.
Am going to place my order tonight.
Ottakers seem to be very switched on - We had Michael Palin up here signing his Himalyan TV show book - Over 700 people turned up, (Thats most of Carlisle!) but they only had 550 copies - Maybe not so switched on after all!!
Thanks again,
Best regards,
Geoff.

Have just spoken to the publishers of "Blue and Orange".
They expect deliveries at any time - Apparently the demand has been enormous, and they are desperate for the books to arrive.
I understand that there is a very good article in the U.K. Top Gear magazine which is helpng to spread the word.
Thanks, Graham for alerting me to the book - Incidentally, have just read the article about your GT40, and found it very encouraging - More power to your elbow.
Cheers,
Geoff.

Thankyou Geoff,

You will really enjoy this book. I know that the demand is outstripping the supply and am so pleased to have a copy.

It is a shame that none of you came to the launch in Cheltenham and you could have had signed first editions.

Do put it on your Christmas/ Birthday/ Anniversary/ whatever list as it makes fascinating reading with so much previously unseen and unread information.

The magazine article has certainly kept me busy with hundreds of calls and if nothing else comes of it i know that i have introduced lots of new viewers to this websight.Lets hope that they are not put off by the "negative brigade" and can build their dream at a realistic cost.

Regards,

Graham.

I have just received an Email from Polygon to ask me to tell everyone that the books have just arrived in bulk, are going through customs and straight out to the distribution teams.

Believe me folks, you are going to find this book fascinating and worth the wait.Order yours now before they all go.

Graham @ GTA.

I received mine today, although I have only broused through it, it looks fantastic, well worth the wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter

Graham,

Have just returned from the biz. trip and found the book delivered at home. Glad to have it in my collection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Customer service was superb!

My wife ordered me one for Christmas - it was duly despatched but arrived damaged. The front cover was bent double and it looked like it had been kicked across the floor.

She phoned the distributor and on Saturday he arrived at the local superstore on time with a replacement book in his hand. Now that sort of service you do net get every day!

He did mention that he had sold all but 300 of his UK stock and all but 500 of his USA stock and that is without advertising seriously so it looks like a second run will be done in the new year.

Many thanks for the information and even bigger thanks for the customer service

Regards
Ian

[ QUOTE ]
Customer service was superb!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to hear about all the lucky owners - but I can't confirm that this company offers a good customers service!

I ordered the limited edition 09/15/2004, then got a reply that I'd receive an invoice for it prior to the books release - and that was it all.

No invoice and no further emails - although I emailed them again 11/27/2004 and asked if the book's yet available and if they would send me the mentioned invoice.

Again nothing....no invoice, no book...:-(

IMHO that's all other than great customer service.

Volker

[ QUOTE ]
The front cover was bent double and it looked like it had been kicked across the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar problem with the slip case of the limited book I ordered for my father. This was only sent out in a padded bag and was crushed on arrival. Most publishers use cardboard box type packaging which cannot be damaged. A padded bag is IMHO not a great way to send out a £75 book.

However everything worked out fine. I emailed my concerns to Polygon and a guy called Steve sent out another slipcase - this time in a strong card box. Second time lucky.

So Volker, if you try Steve at Polygon, he should sort you out. Good luck!

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
So Volker, if you try Steve at Polygon, he should sort you out. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob - Steve at Polygon was the guy who sent the confirmation mail - and he's also the one who got my mail from November and didn't answer to it....

So it seems you need extremly "Good luck" to get this book...

Volker

David

Lifetime Supporter

I received extremely good customer service! E-mail about status, e-mail about when they were expeced to clear customs and then received the book in excellent condition a day earlier than the expected arrival date.

I am very happy with Polygon

thorin

Back