Bolton La Mans Festival Pics

Mike Pass

Supporter
Bolton is a small town in Lancashire and is one of the cotton spinning and weaving towns in the north of England. It was news to me but it is twinned with Le Mans. We supported the Bolton Le Mans Festival yesterday with three cars. My red/gold car, Pete Thompson's burgundy/white 7 litre car and Steve Barker's blue/white Mk2. Once we had overcome the dead hand of bureaucracy in the form of a local jobsworthy parking obergruppenfuehrer we set up the cars and the club Le Mans pitwall banner on Le Mans Crescent for the second time.
It was the first time we had put the cars on show away from car based venues so we got a much wider spectrum of visitors. Many had not seen these cars before so there was a lot more explaining to be done but the cars seemed to be a big hit and were the stars of the show.
I managed to shoehorn the mayor into the car but it was a bit of a struggle to get him out again. We also had two very attractive assistants on hand to add a few more interesting curves to the automotive ones on display. Many pics were taken and even some of the cars! I have a very interesting print on my drivers side window which may not be washed off for some time.
Fortunately we were blessed with a sunny day and hopefully this show will grow into a regular event.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• BLMF1W.jpg
    BLMF1W.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 290
  • BLMF2W.jpg
    BLMF2W.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 251
  • BLMF3W.jpg
    BLMF3W.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 273
  • BLMF4W.jpg
    BLMF4W.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 259
  • BLMF5W.jpg
    BLMF5W.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 287
  • BLMF6W.jpg
    BLMF6W.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 299
  • BLMF7W.jpg
    BLMF7W.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 278
  • BLMF8W.jpg
    BLMF8W.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 267
Is this the printer that left the impression?

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0298LR.jpg
    IMG_0298LR.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0297LR.jpg
    IMG_0297LR.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 251
Ok, fess up, you WERE in the car at the time the photo was being taken - - - - right (it is a right had drive car isn't it????) !!!!!!!!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Frank,
The famous 804AJB is still very much in existence. We try to drag John Bate out his moorland warren when we can. We got him over to the Manx Classic but he only came over for one day with his missus in his Porsche GT3 RS. Some nonsense or other about his wedding anniversary. He did the Llergy Frissell hillclimb and went well. As you may know he is is very hard to get hold of as he never answers the phone. Maybe it's too new an invention in the backwoods out Burnley way as it is not steam powered.
On a similar note we haven't seen Senor Weigold and his new monster yet. Has he been kidnapped by the basque separatists?

Hi Dave,
I was not in the car (Right hand drive indeed) when the pic was taken but did get to view the "curves" from most angles! It's a hard life but I am trying not to weaken.
Cheers
Mike

Mike, re our friend Martin, his car is now permanently housed at the Ascari track in Spain, each time he wants to use it I have to fly off to Gibraltar and drive to the circuit, its a tough life but someones got to do it ! Frank

Back