Brad Penn Oil

Hi all,

Has anyone used this oil?

Considering the recent discussion on the subject, I thought it wise to look into the subject deeper, ie the lack of ZINC "ZDDP".

This oil is supposed to be the hot ticket for flat tappet engines.

The "Break In" they sell sounds especially good for those lobes!

Anyway I found this oil being discussed on a Porsche 356 forum, so I checked it out. Now everybody can.

Go here......

Penn Grade 1 Racing Oil

And here....

American Refining Group, Inc. 1-814-368-1200

I thought the association with Gulf Oil was kind of cool too!

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Scott I have a case of their break in oil in the garage which I'll be using to break in a motor on an engine dyno late in October. I liked all that I read about their product too.

It's rumored this place is actually the old Kendall refinery, and they're using the same stocks, etc. that Kendall once used. The unwritten implication of course being that it's the same as Kendall, just under another name to protect themselves in our litigation crazy society.

First boutique beer breweries, now boutique oil refineries.

I changed the oil/filter in my Ranchero I recently purchased (312 Thunderbird engine with flat tappets). Changed to Shell Rotella T 15/40W. It is suppose to have a higher content of Zinc. I noticed the engine lifters were quieter, and it had just a little more than 10 pounds of oil pressure over the oil that was in the engine.

Back