Braided Hoses Throughout!!

Just got this back from the supplier of my braided hoses, which may or may not provide some reassurance..

Hi Nick,

As long as a good quality Teflon braided hose is used this will not be an issue.

We plumb many race/rally cars in nothing but flexi braided. Full systems from master to callipers and this provides an excellent peddle. Many professional race car builders in the UK use our products (and others of similar quality) for their projects.

I’m sure they wouldn’t if they got a spongy peddle J hope this helps.

Many Thanks.

James Watts

Nick,

The WRC builder suggested all braided at the time of my first GT40 build. It turned out to be wrong for this car, the pedal was as spongey as... I scrapped it all and went for solid, and fixed the problem, and no, it wasn't air in the lines !
Tony.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
There's another reason for using hard lines vs. braided whenever possible...although a totally inconsequential one safety/performance-wise: braided lines are a BEAR to clean. :mad:

'Just sayin'...

Just got this back from the supplier of my braided hoses, which may or may not provide some reassurance..

Hi Nick,

As long as a good quality Teflon braided hose is used this will not be an issue.

We plumb many race/rally cars in nothing but flexi braided. Full systems from master to callipers and this provides an excellent peddle. Many professional race car builders in the UK use our products (and others of similar quality) for their projects.

I’m sure they wouldn’t if they got a spongy peddle J hope this helps.

Many Thanks.

James Watts
The key, I believe, is what type of braided line you use. Hard but bendable Teflon in a braided cover equal solid not spongey. Typical rubber flexeble braided line probably equals spongey.

There's another reason for using hard lines vs. braided whenever possible...although a totally inconsequential one safety/performance-wise: braided lines are a BEAR to clean. :mad:

'Just sayin'...
Larry,

Although I will admit my car has not been driven much, the braided hoses have been on for a number of years and don't appear to have deteriorated in any way, or needed any cleaning yet :).

Last edited:
Nick,

The WRC builder suggested all braided at the time of my first GT40 build. It turned out to be wrong for this car, the pedal was as spongey as... I scrapped it all and went for solid, and fixed the problem, and no, it wasn't air in the lines !
Tony.
Hi Tony,

Do you know by any chance if your hoses were Teflon braided.

Thanks

Nick

Back