Brembo brake upgrade - thoughts?

Good news Fran. I intend to run the 1 piece rotors until I get the car done and setup. Then convert to 2 piece Wilwoods. I will eventually need to work them out and if you or other already have a list of part numbers, then cool it will save me some work.

Looking at the rears, it appears that in order to run a wider rotor that the .85 that is on the car, such as a 1.25 wilwood, I would need to move the rotor outboard at least 0.25. With the existing caliper mount this isn't possible. So I was thinking about a radial mount at the rear so I could move the caliper outboard. But if it isn't needed, then GOOD!

The 2 min boogie is what it will take to stay in contact with the guys running old NASCAR's and generally run near the front of the fast group and not be in the way. Ultimately I would like to pass them at will............ we'll see if I am up to it, I am pretty sure the car will be.

Merry Chrismas, buddy

Hey Howard... Who are you running with at Thunderhill? Sounds a bit like NCRC... Great group of racers with a great price index to get on the track. I haven't run with them since I sold my boosted 350Z and have not found the time to run my Cobra with them yet.... Too busy coaching with HOD at the Hill along with my kids soccer teams.., and work, and life, and mowing the lawns, etc. Hard to believe I've convinced myself I will find time to build and SL-C, but I am determined. My bogey time for ordering is still June 2012... keeping my fingers crossed.
PS. When your car is done I would love to meet you at T-Hill to pick your brain and admire your work on the SL-C in person.
Merry Christmas to all, Jim

Howard Jones

Supporter
I usually run with the Northern California Shelby Club at TH, and Cobra Owners of Orange County at Willlow Springs. I hope these Ford guys will be OK with a C#@*& in my SLC.

I might just need a new group! Who is NCRC, do they have a web page?

Found it.

http://ncracing.org/

I usually run with the Northern California Shelby Club at TH, and Cobra Owners of Orange County at Willlow Springs. I hope these Ford guys will be OK with a C#@*& in my SLC.

I might just need a new group! Who is NCRC, do they have a web page?

Found it.

Track and Racing Events - Northern California Racing Club/American Racing Club

You should try a run with NCRC.. They run a great event and keep things top notch and safe.... Looking forward to seeing your car run.
Jim

The 6k upgrade will look nice! But the right brake pads and some RBF600 fluid for a track day outing will suffice if you dont intend on racing the car every month in a competitve series. Basically, as a street car, you'll probably never get to the point of driving it on the limit at the track, as 12 times a year is just not enough.

The wilwood polymatrix 'A' pad is an affordable pad that can double as a daily driver. Noisy, dusty, but works from cold and held up longer than the DS3000's. The fluid I mentioned doesn't last very long before it gets watery though.

I can't help but notice you have a Toyota Soarer (Lexus SC300/400 here in the states)! I have LS400 4 pot front brake calipers/rotars and Supra TT 2 pot rear brake rotars/calipers + SS brake lines on my 98 SC400. Having the same chassis as the Supra is quite beneficial at times :thumbsup:

Hehe, yeah I used to have Supra MkIV 4/2 setup. The Lexus LS400's are better actually. They are an all alloy caliper at the fron (315mm OE rotor) where as the Supra are a half Iron (324mm) and wiegh a lot more.

I went with radial mount Wilwood billet SL6's up front (330mm) and 324mm 4 pisotn forged superlite's for the rear. Much longer lasting, a lot lighter Using a Landcruiser MC. Diggin' those Polymatrix A pads :)

338544.jpg

338543.jpg

I still love the SC 300 and 400 from the 90's. I have been on the lookout for a clean one for years. I actually like the early 90's bumper w/out the drill though.....

Back